What shall become of us?
What shall become of us?
We're all slaves or slain
We're all slaves or slain

Posted : 25/02/2008 4:26 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Great intro, the boots and then the piano was well mixed. I like the lyrics too, amen brotha. Fading out guitar solo was sick also.

Overall: awesome

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 27/02/2008 2:19 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

WOW! Not that I'm surprised at all but, WOW! That was awesome. There was such a great build up and then you could literally hear the pain in the guitar. This has got to be one of the best from you and this site.

The only issue I have with it is the symbol crash at the end. Nit picking I know but, to me, it doesn't fit.

I'm on my sixth time listening now.

A++

Posted : 27/02/2008 1:13 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the kind words! 8)

Mike: there are two things in this track I am not yet 100% sure about. the first being the vocal performance and the second that crash at the end. The project this song is part of will be my first that will get actually pressed (both vinyl and cds) so I'm constantly revising things because I don't want to finalize it until I'm convinced it'll be as good as it gets. The biggest issue right now are the vocals: most of my recent songs are lacking either in pitch, tone or accent or a combination of them. After this is taken care of I'll look at the smaller details like that crash, but don't be surprised when I remove it from the track. To be honest I'm getting pretty hyped up with how the final thing should and could turn out to be, it'll definitely be way better then anything I did before.

Again, thanks for listening, both of you! :D

Posted : 27/02/2008 2:26 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member

The only reason the "crash" at the end doesn't fit is because it's not big enough.

Posted : 28/02/2008 1:12 am