Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Ah okay, there are different version of the same book with one or two song differences, Hal Leonard likes to milk money for the same books LOL.

Playing in this one is good too...the audio and video are a few seconds out of sync though. Web cams and youtube do that sometimes though.

Great job!!

Thanks for the comment on Number 3, yeah it flows quite well and is quite easy to play, and sounds really beautiful.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/04/2010 2:13 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

(You even get to see my son in the background - he has grown since Video #1 :o )

Posted : 02/05/2010 12:17 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What happens? I'm out a couple of days and everybody starts to upload new videos here? :lol:

Well done! :D

Isabelle, your hair is very long! Lue42, nice Ovation.

The Beatles, I always like to hear those tunes.

Posted : 02/05/2010 2:29 pm
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

I bought an used Acoustic sometime ago and i've added a couple of covers on my Soundclick page. Singing is mediocre as usual, would love some feedback anyway.

REM - 'One I love'
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=860131&songID=9123163

Franz Ferdinand - 'Walk Away'. When i exported the tracks to mp3, timing got a little iffy in a couple of places and i accidentally deleted the audacity project file so i'm left only with a slightly off mp3 file :(
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=860131&songID=9123231

Its a simple enough song, so i might rerecord it later but for now i'll leave this out there.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

Posted : 10/05/2010 1:52 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

It is sound good to me. And the first one as well.

Well done!

Posted : 10/05/2010 9:27 am
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Thanks Nuno!

Posted : 10/05/2010 5:00 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Sounds good . . . and more importantly . . .
it sounds like you're enjoying yourself.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/05/2010 8:52 pm
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Another solo cover by me: 'Let it Be' by the Beatles. Couple of rough spots, could have been a bit more smoother i think but satisfied overall. Feedback welcome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcTjSkpcRw

Posted : 27/05/2010 7:51 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, I agree, everything in the life can be improved but I agree with KR2, the most important is you are enjoying yourself!

Probably you should work on the bends and also on muting some strings (I think I hear some "noises") but it really sound very good to me!

Many congrats and keep sharing! :D

Posted : 27/05/2010 8:36 pm
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

Thanks Nuno. Really appreciate your comments and feedback :)
As for the noise, i had a tough time keeping it down. I had to increase the gain to get the tone but that really made it tough. That's how you learn to clean up your playing i guess. :lol:

Posted : 27/05/2010 11:54 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

LOL!

Yes, it is the problem of play with a high gain. But your tone is pretty good!

Congrats again! :wink:

Posted : 28/05/2010 1:44 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Mac!! That sounded awesome!!! Great job, nice tone from that guitar as well!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/05/2010 3:31 am
(@inths)
Eminent Member

I can't believe I never saw this thread before. It's amazing ! One day I'll work up the courage to post a video (don't hold your breath though).

I'll admit that I haven't read all 68 pages of this discussion (I read the first 20 then took a huge jump) so forgive me if this has already been said: I have a special request for ISABELLE - could you please post a video of you playing "Dust in the wind" ?

I'm sure you've mastered it since page 1.

Posted : 07/07/2010 10:09 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I can't believe I never saw this thread before. It's amazing ! One day I'll work up the courage to post a video (don't hold your breath though).

I'll admit that I haven't read all 68 pages of this discussion (I read the first 20 then took a huge jump) so forgive me if this has already been said: I have a special request for ISABELLE - could you please post a video of you playing "Dust in the wind" ?

I'm sure you've mastered it since page 1.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I wish!

My fingers have problems with Travis picking nowadays :cry: and haven't tried to play that tune in ages....I don't think I 'mastered' it then either. :? Believe me, I would have posted a video if I had.

I'm pretty sure that Issy is a virtuoso at it by now so maybe she can fly the flag :) 1-0

Rock on!
D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 12/07/2010 1:07 pm
(@lars-christian)

Hello everybody!

First post. I've been lurking around this neck of the woods for a while, and I tohught I'd introduce myself by jumping straight into it and posting a video. But first, I'd just like to say that all of you guys who have been posting videos in this thread are awesome. It really is inspiring to see people like yourself trying to learn, and simultaneously sharing with the world. It was what inspired me to get in here and participate, and I think that doing it can be a great source of motivation to keep practicing and getting better.

A little about myself. I've been playing on and off for quite some time. A year or so since I first started picking up my own guitar I'd say, but even before that I had been toying with the guitar and learning the very basics. I've always wanted to say that "Yes, I can play the guitar" and a little while back I decided that there's no point in sitting around and wanting to do it, because nobody's stopping me from just doing it!

At the moment I'd say I'm at the stage where I'm comfortable with the open chords, and I'm just working on trying to get those barre chords worked into my repertoire. It feels like I've been at it forever, but I just can't seem to ever get comfortable with the switching to and from them to the point where I can actually play songs that include them. But, I'm sure I'll get it at one point, so I'll just keep practicing!

Sorry for that little digression of an introduction. Didn't intend to hijack the thread, so I'll share that video now. I'm trying to perform Hey Ya by Outkast as showcased in this video on JustinGuitar. Just discovered it yesterday, and as I was playing it earlier the thought of recording myself and posting it here popped in to my head.

Here's the grand performance (not sure if it's possible to embed videos from Vimeo, so a link will have to do)

Be gentle! And I'm sorry about the quality of the video and sound. Camera is my old MacBook's webcam, and because it was quite late I didn't want to use my acoustic and wake up the entire building :lol:

And if you could pull that rope just a little higher, we could dangle alone like a firefly.

Posted : 29/07/2010 2:11 am
Page 68 / 73