Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I've recorded a few songs and i'm going to post them. Be warned, my vocals are pretty atrocious (not that my guitar playing isn't) :mrgreen:
One of the songs is in Hindi and the other 2 are in English.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=860131

I'm not completely satisfied with "I'm looking through you", but i'll leave it up. Would welcome any feedback :)

Are you an Indian ?

I liked the sabse peeche hum khade too. Nice guitar playing. I especially like the tone of your guitar. Which one is it?

Posted : 25/01/2010 6:56 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That's pretty good.
Singing in falsetto is difficult.
My wife won't allow me to do it . . . and rightfully so.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/01/2010 7:18 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

My wife and kids are Indian ........... no Hindi though .... just a little Mohawk. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 25/01/2010 7:23 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

My wife and kids are Indian ........... no Hindi though .... just a little Mohawk. :lol:

An Indian wife ??

You are one lucky guy, TR. Got the best of both worlds; guess you know what I mean. :wink:

Posted : 25/01/2010 7:27 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Actually Rahul it's a different type of Indian. My wife is Native American, Mohawk Tribe, Bear Clan. I do work with a lot of people from India though. I noticed in your video you were dressed like we are right now. I live in the northern most part of the eastern US on the border with Canada and thought, isn't India near the equator? Then I looked at a map and saw just where New Delhi is. It seems there might be a bit of elevation contributing to your weather there. How cold does it get there? Suppose I could look it up. :?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 25/01/2010 7:44 pm
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

You're definitely dropping a beat in the "I thought I knew you" part. You've only got three beats in that measure and four in the rest. Actually, being able to switch so seamlessly from 4 / 4 to 3 / 4 timing takes a lot of work and you did it quite well, but I don't think it's what you meant to do.

Good work overall! Especially liked Sabse Peeche Hum Khade. Looking forward to more.

Peace
Makes sense, i'll go through your post on the other thread once i go home and give it a try again. Thanks much.

Are you an Indian ?

I liked the sabse peeche hum khade too. Nice guitar playing. I especially like the tone of your guitar. Which one is it?
Yes, I'm originally from Mangalore. The guitar is an electric, ESP EC400VF. I play acoustic stuff on the neck pickup (Seymour Duncan JB) through an RP250 acoustic patch. Thanks for the feedback.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

Posted : 25/01/2010 8:04 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yes, I'm originally from Mangalore. The guitar is an electric, ESP EC400VF. I play acoustic stuff on the neck pickup (Seymour Duncan JB) through an RP250 acoustic patch. Thanks for the feedback.

That tone was an electric ?

Well, your RP 250 does do wonders. I really thought it was an acoustic guitar.

TR:

It has been quite cold this winter season here in India. One major difference here is that we don't use heating in homes or even most offices.

Secondly, I am better suited to take on heat than cold and hence wear all kinds of jackets to prevent the chill. 8)

Posted : 26/01/2010 10:33 am
(@dd61500)

Here's where I am to date with HOTRS. I'm still not happy with it, despite having worked on it for four months (three if you don't count December where I only had time to practice in my sleep). I'm still having trouble with my strings buzzing, and I forgot one of the chords somewhere in the middle of the recording-something I only do when the camera is rolling. :oops: I can only hope that part will get better with time.

http://s784.photobucket.com/albums/yy126/burning_giraffe001/?action=view&current=clip-2009-11-17175613.flv

Diana

Gott weiβ ich will kein Engel sein

Posted : 29/01/2010 6:06 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I forgot one of the chords somewhere in the middle of the recording-something I only do when the camera is rolling. :oops: I can only hope that part will get better with time.
Diana

It doesn't :lol: :lol: I've been playing for 2 years now and I still get red light syndrome, so if it goes away, I haven't experienced it yet. I'm sure it does though at some point. It has to. Right?

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 29/01/2010 6:23 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Incredible voice! And good and long fingers for playing guitar. Try to relax your right hand while play fingerpicking, your wrist is not a natural posture.

And don't worry about the strings buzzing, it will disappear with time and practice.

Well done! :D

Posted : 29/01/2010 9:00 pm
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Ok, at long last a second video. I think I said last May or June I was going to try another one and here it is only uh, 8 months later :oops:. A cover of a song recorded by Eddie Rabbit 20 or so years back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYi94oo1yp8

Posted : 26/02/2010 7:13 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Daven, many congrats Sir!

I have read in another thread you are only playing for one year. Impressive!

Congrats again and thanks for sharing.

BTW beautiful song.

Posted : 26/02/2010 8:13 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Nice job man! You should post more videos!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 27/02/2010 8:35 am
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Thanks, Nuno & Joe That one had some mistakes but if I hold out for perfection I'll never post anything :) . I hope to be able to get more posted soon but finding time at home with computer access and relative quiet is a rare thing with 10 & 11 year old daughters, and wife. :lol:

Posted : 27/02/2010 7:46 pm
(@roundi)
Estimable Member

Daven,

Good work! I am impressed with the singing and playing(at the same time). I have jsut begun to try and sing & play and I find it is as challenging as it is embarrassing.

Posted : 01/03/2010 6:23 pm
Page 65 / 73