Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Sorry Claudine - I was trying to sum up a mix of excitement, bewilderment, amazement and awe all in one word.

Some real-life expressions did come to mind, but chances are they would have been censored pretty bad, and I couldn't find any suitable alternatives.

This is me - can't really be arsed to figure out the partial chord thingy. So I'm just erm, strumming.

http://media.putfile.com/WishYouWereHere-45

Posted : 11/11/2008 3:10 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Beginning of year two on our journey to master the guitar.
Good job. That guitar has a rich full sound to it.
Keep sharing and keep . . .
Rockin' on.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 11/11/2008 4:20 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'm working on Sunshine Of Your Love right now, nice song!
I was working on that song some weeks ago... but on the bass side! Clau, do you want we play it together? I got it a nice drum track and I could record the bass track. The guitars are for you!

And the voices? :note2:

PD. Isabelle, I'll watch your video tomorrow. :)

Posted : 11/11/2008 8:24 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Isabelle

Can't really see what the big deal is about your delightful expression you used to describe Claudine's playing prowess.... I actually thought it summed it up beautifully....I think the problem is that it's definitely something that's borne to the UK generation and not generally understood by the rest of the folks around the world - and we really are a global family here at Beginners Videos.... :wink:

So, the next time we need to describe something, stay clear of sayings like: Gord blimey guvonor, luva duck, Lawd above! brilliant . , innit. I also believe that most of our visitors are not familiar with our two lovely ladies in one of our more select publications, Viz who in most episodes quote phrases such as Gnnnnn; Oooh, Aag; Eeh; Na-aa-aa-aa-aa; Gerruz a drink and, indeed... Pfwoarrhhh!

Do you sometimes sit back after playing a classic like Wish You Were Here and think that just over twelve months ago you wouldn't have even dreamed of being able to play something like that - let alone sing along at the same time. Lawd above, brilliant, innit! Well done. Big hug for that one!

I think you need to get something done about the tongue though - looks pretty nasty to me. :roll:

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 11/11/2008 9:27 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'm working on Sunshine Of Your Love right now, nice song!
I was working on that song some weeks ago... but on the bass side! Clau, do you want we play it together? I got it a nice drum track and I could record the bass track. The guitars are for you!

And the voices? :note2:

PD. Isabelle, I'll watch your video tomorrow. :)

I'll be pleased to work on that song with you, but I'm affraid of the quality my sound clip would have...

I don't have anything to record directly on the computer. :?

What do you think?

And humm, forget me for the voice! :lol:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 11/11/2008 9:39 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

This is me - can't really be arsed to figure out the partial chord thingy. So I'm just erm, strumming.

:shock: Izzy, is that YOU??? With your new guitar???
My GOD where are the children?? Wow :shock: good on you! - I don't think I even REMEMBER the first year with two babies - I'm sure it was a good year, but there wasn't anything about it that made me think I could take up guitar in my spare time -if ya know what I mean lol :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 12/11/2008 4:57 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

http://media.putfile.com/WishYouWereHere-45
:shock:

Amazing! Very good!

:D :D :D

Just a minor comment. You also can keep the pinky and ring fingers in the strings and just move the index and middle fingers. Try to see the Roger Waters' hand in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqyC52fRFU

Anyway, your cover is really good!

Congrats! 8)

Posted : 12/11/2008 8:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I'll be pleased to work on that song with you, but I'm affraid of the quality my sound clip would have...
I don't have anything to record directly on the computer. :?
What do you think?
And humm, forget me for the voice! :lol:
I think there will be no problem, it always can be filtered to remove any noise if it is present. We also could say we record it "live"! :lol:

I'll try to make the backing track over the weekend and I'll send to you so you can use it. The bass part is very easy, basically it is the same riff during all the song. And, please, don't be in a hurry! I have a trip the next week and I'll be very, very far from my guitars and computers some days.

Then we need a couple of good voices. Perhaps some of our friends want to emulate to Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton... :roll:

Posted : 12/11/2008 9:11 am
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Ok nice, I neeed some time too!

I learned the first 35 sec only I think... :lol:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 12/11/2008 10:58 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

"I love it when a plan comes together"

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 12/11/2008 11:38 am
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Isabelle, that sounds really cool. Your singing is much better than you think. :D
Nice cover

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 15/11/2008 9:12 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi Guys and Gals

I've been away for a couple of weeks - I see nothing much has happened here? Oh well.

I've been on a spending spree in the UK and bought myself a Gibson electric - had a look at a few cheapies but the Gibson is beautifully made, weighs a ton but is great, got a little amp with overdrive so I feel kinda funky and rocky at the same time... Very odd trying to play though. Have left it in the UK and will pick it up in January...

I also have bought another acoustic - Yamaha 310, and an Electro Acoustic Marlin, supposed to be worth a few £££ but it needs stringing . Never had a chance to try them so that's for Jan as well.

Still, back here with my old faithful - terrible being without strings for two weeks.

Just going to get a fix.

See you all soon.

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 23/11/2008 1:55 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Three new guitars, Dylan? Got a bit mad there, didn't ya :roll:

Posted : 24/11/2008 12:43 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey, y'know I'm a crazy sorta guy. Just got to grow a few more arms that's all! :wink:

Like the new avatar - very sexy - I'm strangely drawn to it.... :wink:

Rock on!

D 8)

Posted : 25/11/2008 9:27 am
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Three new guitars, Dylan? Got a bit mad there, didn't ya :roll:

This is the reason I'm not allowed into guitar shops unless my wife is present.....

Congratulations on your new purchases I'm sure you'll have a great time with them. Good luck with the electric, I could never make mine sound 'musical' :lol:

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 26/11/2008 5:11 pm
Page 49 / 73