Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hi everybody, I had I little time to check out your video today, NICE WORK, keep rocking!

I also had the time to record myself a little video.

I played the Intro of Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton, wonderful song (sad, but wonderful...)

Here it is, just 2 days of practice, so there may be some little errors

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 05/11/2008 1:27 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 05/11/2008 1:39 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Well done Claudine!

The intro and the verses are just slightly different. Keep learning that song! It is pretty nice and easier than it seems.

:D

Posted : 05/11/2008 9:05 am
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Wow Claudine - and a face to go with the talent, finally! :wink:

Nice work everyone and I left comments on the youtube videos - Simon is WAY too modest but I suppose otherwise he might run the risk of being mistaken for a pro :lol:

For all those who have not yet exposed themselves on video :lol: : Come over to the Dark Side! And you thought running an orange light was a rush :twisted:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 05/11/2008 3:44 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Claudine, that was great. Two days practise! I Wish my fingers were as agile as yours, they're fairly flying over that fretboard :D

Stella, thanks for your kind words but dont worry because when I post my next video there will be no risk whatsoever
of confusing me with a pro :mrgreen:

My guitar teacher has a scary ability to pick songs for me to learn that seem to concentrate on whatever aspect of technique that I'm currently struggling with :roll: When I groaned in frustration over E shaped barres he gave me 'Hotel California'.....
Now i'm really finding the A shaped barres hard. Demanding. Tricky. Impossible. He's just given me the acoustic version of 'Layla' to learn :shock: It sounds so laid back when EC plays it but its so, so hard to play. I can only sound about one chord in every three :lol: I'm thinking of posting a series of videos covering the learning process for this nightmare of a song.

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 05/11/2008 6:54 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Claudine

Excellent - I love that tune. I tried learning the intro about six months ago, but then went onto Led Zeps Over the Hills and Far Away - I then ditched those and learned Horse with no Name - I think I got that one sussed :roll:

Ah yes SImon, I forgot you've got a flesh and blood guitar teacher - sounds a taskmaster but is paying dividends. I think it's a great idea about doing a build-up video, but you must start showing the problems you have with the chord and transition structures (and the tune of course) - we expect singing also.. :wink:

Stella - nice idea trying to get people to move to the dark side, but I think asking them to expose themselves on video is going to get you into all sorts of legal proceedings... :)

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 06/11/2008 8:55 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi everybody, I had I little time to check out your video today, NICE WORK, keep rocking!

I played the Intro of Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton, wonderful song (sad, but wonderful...)

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

Posted : 08/11/2008 1:47 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll say one thing:
'Pfwoarrhhh'.
Izzy, the eloquence of your post is only exceeded by its brevity.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/11/2008 2:56 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

Indeed, I think we are all indebted to Izzy for clearly stating what needed to be said...
Not only was it authentic French/Berkshire gibberish but it expressed a term of speach little seen in this day and age...

Rock on!

D 8

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 09/11/2008 9:23 am
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

+1!
Well done Clau that was really good. Methinks there are beginners, and there are beginners.. I would love to be a beginner and not a beginner!

:lol: I nearly bought another guitar today, despite not being able to play the 2 I have already! It was a classical guitar that was only €50, in the local Lidl shop (for our transatlantic friends, thats a dirt-cheap german grocery store thats taking over the world;) :lol: Luckily I managed to talk sense to myself.. still kinda want to go back there and get it tho! :D

Posted : 10/11/2008 3:46 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Jenny, thanks for the tip! I didn't know you can find guitars in the Lidl! :lol:

Posted : 10/11/2008 4:06 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

:D I think you can get just about anything in Lidl if you catch them at the right time! Right now, they also have mixing desks, electric guitar with an amp, I could also buy a complete drumset for 399 euro.. so tempting if I had the cash :lol: altho things get reduced drastically after a week or 2 sitting on the shopfloor.. so there' s still time! Imagine having a full drum set.. think I would soon be divorced.. altho my very own drumset would lesson the pain somewhat! :lol:

Posted : 10/11/2008 4:20 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

. . . :note1: and the beat goes on :note2: . . . . :mrgreen:

Posted : 10/11/2008 4:29 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.

:lol:

Don't really understood what you meant, but anyway, :P

Thanks for all the comments

and congratulations for your new guitar Jenny.

You made me think... I also have a "new" guitar (since 3-4 months, so it's not brand new like you), and I didn't use it for the video! I'll try to find time to do another song with my Strat... I'm working on Sunshine Of Your Love right now, nice song!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 10/11/2008 11:18 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll say one thing:

'Pfwoarrhhh'.
Don't really understood what you meant, but anyway, :P

I think "Pfwoarrhhh" is pronounced like this

Posted : 10/11/2008 11:33 pm
Page 48 / 73