Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.8 K Views
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Isabelle - Dust in the wind :shock: I'll never be the same again :lol: Loved happy birthday too, glad you posted that!

Dylan - Nice song. Can I ask where you got the tabs/chords from? The versions that I've briefly looked at look frankly impossible to play :roll: Your singing is just fine. My singing has been compared to a cow in the last stages of a difficult labour....... I'm green with envy :mrgreen:

Nuno and Ken - Dont worry, we're happy to accept late birthday presents. They're often the best kind :D

Its been a great birthday!

Looking forward to our stay in Hotel California and of course the 'Christmas special'

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 08/10/2008 6:24 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Nice everyone! I went back and looked at all the videos when the topic was first started, and it's a great thing to see just how far everyone came.

DB - That was the first time I'd ever heard that song, you did a great job! I caught that little grin with the F chord :lol: but you kept on without missing a beat, and I think that's more important that hitting the right notes sometimes.

I really can't wait to hear this Hotel California collaboration.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 09/10/2008 3:12 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Yes, what's happening to Hotel California? I think we lost the moment there.

I haven't tried playing it myself for a little while - but I've been trying to play other songs to work on my barres, and I wouldn't inflict my chord changes to your ears just yet.

What am I talking about, of course I will inflict on you. But not just yet.

Posted : 09/10/2008 6:50 am
(@guitar_guy)
Eminent Member

:lol: my neice always tries to grab at the guitar when i play too

http://www.jammingbudz.com/jamming-space/GuitarGuy

Posted : 11/10/2008 12:13 am
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

No no no no no no NO!

What have I done? :roll:

There really is no excuse for inflicting you with this. I'm so sorry. It wont happen again. Promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZV4SLJhUvc

Oh good grief.......

Simon

Posted : 11/10/2008 2:17 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Simon! :shock:

That's very good! What is problem? Your timing is perfect and you maintain the tone with your voice for all the song. It is not easy to do that!

Many congrats! 8)

Posted : 11/10/2008 2:56 pm
(@jenny-b)
Estimable Member

Dylan in colour at last! What a treat.. lovely song Dylan, those chord changes look tricky.. well done on not getting distracted when things go a little awry, I envy that :mrgreen: ! And Simon, your singing voice reminds me of Everlast, :D I think we can allow you to inflict it on us all you want.. I envy you guys on how relaxed you can be playing and singing.. maybe I need to emulate that :wink:
Nuno, hope u sort out your technical difficulties soon so you can give us a tune :note1:
And I await with trepidation what madness Kenrogers unleashes on us..!

Posted : 12/10/2008 4:02 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And I await with trepidation what madness Kenrogers unleashes on us..!
Oh, Jenny, thou dost wound me to the marrow.
I have been so good at curtailing my madness . . . it's not fully appreciated.
I tread the mundane path of sanity here . . . for I have been a guest of their dungeon . . . and it wasn't a holiday for me.

Maybe in 3 weeks I will unleash my video upon the world. Wailing and gnashing of teeth will ensue . . .
followed by global panic . . . wait, I think we're beginning to see some of that . . . . * %2i^-jwA (transmission terminated)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 12/10/2008 4:17 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Right. This one I've been working on ALL DAY. All open chords AND some singing IN FRENCH. Its not a video, I recorded it with Audacity.

Click here to watch LesAmoureux

Nevermind playing guitar, I really wish I could sing in tune. I really don't have a clue where to start. Any pointers? :evil:

Posted : 15/10/2008 7:33 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Isabelle,

I think it is in tune. Perhaps the voice is not very loud but it is sounds good!

Posted : 15/10/2008 8:17 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Isabelle, thought that was just great. I thought the guitar playing was rock solid, your timing and chord changes seemed to be spot on. I would echo Nunos comment, your voice was a little quiet in the mix but it sounded in tune to me.

I love hearing songs in French, its a beautiful language to listen to. You could be reciting your shopping list and it would still give me goose bumps :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Simon (I promise not to try and sing again....)

Posted : 15/10/2008 8:41 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I love hearing songs in French, its a beautiful language to listen to. You could be reciting your shopping list and it would still give me goose bumps :mrgreen:

I was kinda hoping no one would notice :oops:

Yes, the singing *is* a bit quiet. That's because I'm VERY embarrassed by my singing, like I've said before.

And Simon, I didn't comment on your last one, but I personally thought the music AND singing were both very good. It all seems to flow so easily. You're going to get kicked out of this thread pretty soon, I reckon 8)

Posted : 17/10/2008 7:36 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi guys and gals

Literally just got back from France - and I think I'm gonna run on back there and search for that sweet French maiden and her dulcit tones - that was beautiful. Reminded me of Marianne Faithful...ahhhhhh

Hey Simon, your song was really cool too. It's amazing isn't it, that it wasn't so long ago that we all though playing and singing at the same time seemed virtually impossible - now look at us... :wink: We're not doing half bad eh?

Oh yes Simon, I'll scribble those chords down when I get a minutes or two - I actually studied a few tabs and vids and collected the best ones (easy ones) that sounded right and put them together... :oops:

Oh yes, and I played a bit with my mate in France who teaches guitar - trouble is that when we play together he get's a bit carried away so I just put the guitar down and listen until he stop - then try to play something he's shown me and - -whoosh - off he goes again...Still he was tempting me with delicious bottles of wine on a regular basis, so what could I say? :D

He also let me play his £4000 Martin 6 string, some high-tech studio guitar with a fibreglass back, his first guitar he owned...and...a rather expensive twelve-string, which his sister sat on and complete wrecked it - it didn't stay in tune long but it was an experience - a very different way of playing is needed on a twelve-string....Hmmmmmm

Anyways - Rock on every one!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 17/10/2008 2:56 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Isabelle - My singing was kinda quiet too, for exactly the same reason that you say yours was :roll: I certainly prefer yours to mine!
You'll have to drag me out of this thread screaming and kicking. Beginner for life :lol:

Dylan - Glad you had a good trip to France. Its great playing with pro musicians isnt it :shock: They tend to forget that a barre F still makes you break out into a little sweat..... Its also cool getting to play with expensive toys, got to love those Martins but £4000?
I do have a cheap 12 string (Adam Black) but the action is a bit sporting and I struggle to even hold down open chords with it. I may take it for a set up soon as I love the sound it makes when I play 'wish you were here' 8)

Just as a side note, my teacher uses a really ratty cheap plywood guitar for his lessons. He still sounds great :lol: I think its to get students out of the train of thought that expensive guitar=better player.

Cheers,
Simon

Posted : 17/10/2008 5:41 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi all

Everyone ok? Still rockin' on?

Yup £4k for a guitar is pretty amazing - maybe I got the price wrong - I was incredibly drunk at the time.... :roll:

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 26/10/2008 3:55 pm
Page 47 / 73