Clear all

All Along The Watchtower - Lexington Lab Band

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The Lexington Lab Band covered four classic Hendrix tunes featuring Sam Jones on guitar - thanks for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDZkvuwFoH0

Posted : 19/01/2015 2:58 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Love this, a really good cover.

Posted : 27/01/2015 7:30 am
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Musically excellent but I thought the bass was a little light in the mix . Nitpicking , I know , but I have come to expect phenomenal versions of classic rock songs from the LLB . When there are only 3 instruments all need to be represented or it will sound a little empty . Tell me what you think .

P.S. Jimi's guitar also has a lot more effect on it throughout the song . This may have more to do with the emptiness than the bass volume .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

Posted : 27/01/2015 4:01 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member
Topic starter

hey guys...sure appreciate you giving this your time and thanks for the posts! really appreciate the opinions as players like yourselves can offer great insights.

Personally thought the mix was great and that the guitar sound was terrific as well as Sam's playing. No one is going to captures the JH tone to everyone's satisfaction for sure, but i thought he did a terrific job along with of course adding his personality to it.

again a huge thanks for your time,
dale

Posted : 30/01/2015 2:25 am
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

The point I was trying to make was that a three piece band needs to fill in the gaps that four or more piece bands don't have because there is a rhythm instrument playing while the leads are going on . The fact that you are the original poster hardly gives you a different perspective . All other videos that I have seen from this band have had lots of musicians in them . I did not say anything disparaging about the musicianship of the band . They are very , very good .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

Posted : 30/01/2015 4:03 pm