Washburn Force 32 wiring help

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tyler8ight)
Topic starter  

Hi,

First off, the specific stuff being dealt with:

--Washburn Force 32 (circa 1984-ish) electric guitar.

Dual Humbucker pickups, One toggle (we'll get to that in a moment) volume knob, One tone knob, one three-way switch

To more clearly explain the toggle volume knob:
Its at rest and down position controls the basic volume, however there is an additional feature, wherein the volume knob clicks upward into a separate position. I have never know what this function is. I am assuming that it utilizes the volume knob for level control of each individual pickup but am unsure (?)

I have two specific questions I need answered, if possible

1) What is the secondary "toggled" volume knob position's function? Any other guitar examples with this feature?

2) Does anybody have access to the specific wiring diagram for this model?

vintagewashburn.com has a large list of wiring diagrams available but not for my specific model of guitar.

The help would be greatly appreciated, and please remember that I'm an electrical rube.

Thanks very much

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Sounds like a coil tap to me. I've got one that the tone control does that. Got another where the volume control does this but it switches the pickup from active to passive.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

The force 32 came with two buckers on a three way, so the stacked knob and extra switch are custom mods - no telling what they do now if anything. Does it have a 9V battery terminal now? Are the wire returning to the 2nd switch come from the circuit or the pickups? Does the guitar get noisier in certian positions when played near a TV or computer.
It's difficult sometimes to hear the difference between pickup sounds let alone taps and splits if you're not sure what you're looking for - especially at lower volumes. You can either get a picture or scetch of the control cavity up on here, investigate it yourself and do some foot work, or live with it and figure out what you like most (then do one of the 1st two later).

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

BTW, congratulations! I love buying gear other people have moded - because I mod everything - and I feel like I'm starting from a point no one else has - plus it shows me someone else really put some time into the instrument. Its just a good Omen - even more so If you can't figure out the why's and how's.

ReplyQuote