Notifications
Clear all

Odd warbling / ringing of strings

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@yungbinch)
Topic starter  

I originally thought it was maybe the frets so I leveled them and all that jazz but it’s still making his weird kind of “wobbling” almost like I have a tremolo effect on the guitar.

I have done everything, Replaced the nut, adjusted the truss rod, intonated it, adjusted the action, lightly sanded the saddles, got a new fender bridge, got a new spring claw and springs, put foam pieces under the springs, and the strings behind the nut, changed string gauge, and I even leveled the frets, re dressed them, re crowned them, and polished them. And I've lowered the pickups.

I need to get this guitar fixed ASAP and I am stumped. Help me please!

Here's a video of the sound with and without distortion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HUFSClfs4U

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Sounds almost like one or more of the pickups are physically vibrating against the pickguard. Try physically holding the pickups down with your fingertips on the adjustment screws while plucking a note; see if it's one or more of them. If so, temporarily put a little white electrical tape over the screws and the edges of the pickups and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes :)

ReplyQuote