Clear all

Low E string rattling

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rockchickjo)
Topic starter  

Hey!
So, i bought a Squire Strat off somebody a couple of weeks ago and decided to restring it. I bought the strings yesterday from a proper guitar shop but now that i've re-stringed it my low E string is rattling when i play the 2nd and 3rd fret. I've tried all sorts to fix it but i'm just not having any luck. It's still the same. I've highered the string aswell and looked online for help for ages. So any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hey!
So, i bought a Squire Strat off somebody a couple of weeks ago and decided to restring it. I bought the strings yesterday from a proper guitar shop but now that i've re-stringed it my low E string is rattling when i play the 2nd and 3rd fret. I've tried all sorts to fix it but i'm just not having any luck. It's still the same. I've highered the string aswell and looked online for help for ages. So any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

First, I'm assuming you replaced with the same gauge strings.

If it's JUST the low E string, and it's JUST the 2nd and 3rd frets I'd suspect a worn slot in the nut. You may want to take it in and have a good tech give it a good setup. He'll find any problems like that in the process of the setup.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote