Notifications
Clear all

Guitar tuning peg shaking

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@abhidhekane)
Topic starter  

My guitar's tuning peg seems to shake a lot while I play the guitar. It makes a buzzing sound everytime I play it. I tried to look for screw to tighten it but I found none. I have a Fender SA105.
Here's the link of the video - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgsXa_4JQUSYptVL2TjAMTFIlee9tt3I/view?usp=drivesdk
Please check it out and suggest me something.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I picked up a cheap bass with semi-active electronics to broaden my horizons. all 4 were buzzing. More like rattling. I bought 4 cheapo replacement tuners from Guitar Fetish. Problem solved - for now.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@hippychip)

The knobs should be under tension when the guitar is tuned properly. If you are not tuning UP to pitch the knobs will be loose, and the guitar will not stay in tune. There is nothing wrong with the tuners, but rather how you are tuning. Even expensive tuners will not solve the problem. I have been playing and working on guitars for 4 decades. and this a common problem with noobs.

ReplyQuote