Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Maintenance - Cleaning and Polishing Your Guitar

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@connie-jones)
Topic starter  

Cleaning and polishing a guitar is the first thing every player should learn. It's the most basic maintenance task which, if done properly, will help retain or even restore an instrument's looks and value.

Prevention is better than cure
If cleaning is carried out regularly from the time a guitar is new, it is a simple task, taking only a few minutes to keep things in top condition.

Levels of cleaning
There are four levels of cleaning: wiping down, light polishing, cream polishing and cleaning. While that may sound like it's a lot of work, in reality if you wipe your guitar down regularly and give it a light polish occasionally, cream polishing is rarely needed and cleaning almost never.

(@alangreen)

I couldn't work out if this was Spam or not, so I deleted a link to Bluegrass Guitar Tabs at the end of the post and let it stay.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@connie-jones)
Topic starter  

it's not a spam it's guitar related and learning guitar to provide help forum members.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

OK - in that case, post it openly, without the guitar cleaning cover, under "Indie Sales and Site/ Product Promotion"

And, if it's a link to a commercial site, then you'll need to talk to Paul (who owns GN) about him taking your paid advertising.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

And, if it's a link to a commercial site, then you'll need to talk to Paul (who owns GN) about him taking your paid advertising.
You can send us a bottle of Vodka each and we'll put in a good word for you :)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I spilled Jonnie walker Black on my tele once and FDR, my Swiss mountain Dog cleaned up. I must say, it did restore its looks and value.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Welcome, connie jones, by the way. A very peculiar but original first post - do you play guitar too?

ReplyQuote