Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@brian-krashpad)
Eminent Member

Dang Roy, that looks great, thanks!

I'd LOVE to have that much space to get organized in.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Thanks guys. I'm digging the heck out of running everything through that PA. I did some test recording this afternoon and am really, really digging this set-up.

Pokie is, according to the vet and SPCA, a doberman-hound mix. She's a daddy's girl, for sure.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Nice gear Roy, everything is awesome! I need a comfy pc desk chair like that! I also dig fretboards like that Squire Jazz bass has!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Looks like a normal house to me. :mrgreen: Nice gear Roy!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Thanks, guys. I'm enjoying it an the set up nicely.

The comfy desk chair is a really nice thing. Kick back, put the feet up on the desk and play guitar.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member

Just bought a new guitar. It's a 1960s Kay.

It's pretty awesome. I'm left handed, so I had to take it to my luthier to get it converted. He converted the bridge and he cut me a new bridge. He also flipped the pickguard to the other side (it's too bad because the pickguard has a Kay logo on it which isn't in view anymore). It plays like a beast though. It's louder than I expected.

The one problem is I have to use extra light strings or else the neck will bow a little bit. I am thinking about getting a truss rod put in and getting some neck work done eventually.

For now, though, I'm excited.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

ReplyQuote
 JLK
(@jlk)

Guitars: Gibson ES-135, Squier Strat
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Effects: Danelectro Dan-o-Wah, Crybaby Wah, Digitech GNX-1

ReplyQuote
(@brian-krashpad)
Eminent Member

Welcome JLK!

Pics or gear does not exist. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

ThunderFingers has spent some tax return money .............. He had a GK Bratt Pack half Stack. It featured a 15" cab and a 125 watt amp. Had to be 8 ohm minimum .... no room for expansion. He bought the 300 watter and this speaker.

Now, with the old 15" he has this!

Sounds good ....... it is a good thing the wife and I are through having children cause after being in the room when he put this through it's paces I am afraid I am sterile. :shock: 300 watts into 4 ohms. Both cabs are rated 200 watts and run 8 ohms, the recomended setup for the new GK Backline 600.

And ... with my recent aquisition ..... (ignore the duct tape .. it is anti cat) we are a force to be reconed with. You see ...... these go to eleven!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sounds good ....... it is a good thing the wife and I are through having children cause after being in the room when he put this through it's paces I am afraid I am sterile. :shock:
ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

And that's why I can't get a big bass amp. The wife and I are only just getting started on that...

Nice set up. I could NEVEr practice with either of those amps at home...

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I live in farm country. I can make all the noise I want. :mrgreen: The old bass amp was plenty loud, he just couldn't run the 2 cabs with it unless he started over with 16 ohm cabs. (8 ohm min load) The Backline 600 was only $299 so the cheaper route in the long run I suppose. He still has the Brat Pack head, it's the same preamp as the new one. (Same thing as the Backline 250) He can run it with a single cab for a smaller rig if he wishes, say the new 2 X 10. Still hardly portable, but he has other bass amps too. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

And ... with my recent aquisition ..... we are a force to be reconed with.

I imagine you're going to make some speaker techs very happy :lol:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nah, we don't really play that loud. They go to eleven but we barely play them on 2. All our cabs are rated for more power than our amps put out. My son's new cab came with literature that says to use it with the head he bought. The seperately sold version of his bottom cab calls for he same head in the manual. My cab as well is one designed for a 100 watt head.

Oh! OK ... I get it RE - CONED :lol:

I happened to first read this when I was researching tweeters in bass cabs and was advising my son to turn it off when using overdriven tones as to not damage it so I had speaker damage on the brain ......... or was it brain damage over the speaker? :?

ReplyQuote
(@130unstopablewatts)
Eminent Member

Let's see for guitars electrics r as follows 80s epiphone s900 solo series just got today jay turser jt220 peavey predator washburn x series yamaha strat copy hondo strat copy(freebie) squire affinity strat (my first) I alsohave a fender mexican 5 string jazz bass for acoustic I have a fender f 200 and a 50s harmony f hole acoustic amps are a line 6 spider 3 30 watt and I have a kmd amp head with a crapy 4x12 cabinet soon to get a new cab and speakers boxes r wah metal muff mxr distortion digitech synth wah and a beringer chromatic tuner I think that sums it up if any one wants to see pics of something just aszk and ill post some :D

Its 109 miles to chicago

ReplyQuote
Page 71 / 75