Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well, I got a new guitar. I had som extra cash, wanted one, but the wife said "You have 20 guitars, there isn't room for any more!". :lol: :roll: I got the bright idea to trade one in. I selected my Schecter Omen 6. They still make them, they are popular low end bang for the buck instruments and I don't play mine hardly at all. New they go for $299 and I got $178 for it, so I don't think thats not too bad after enjoying it for about 3 years. Oh, what did I get? :P Glad you asked.

I always wanted a black Les Paul Standard with cream binding and trim

I just couldn't afford the Gibson one. :P It plays and sounds close enough to my Gibson Les Pauls though, that I don't notice the difference.

Here it is with my Les Paul Special. My Les Paul Studio doesn't know I have it yet. :wink:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Very nice TR. I keep thinking I may trade in my Epiphone Special II (LP Studio copy) for one just like you got. I'd prefer to have both of 'em, but that's not in the budget right now.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

I got the bright idea to trade one in. I selected my Schecter Omen 6. They still make them, they are popular low end bang for the buck instruments and I don't play mine hardly at all. New they go for $299 and I got $178 for it, so I don't think thats not too bad after enjoying it for about 3 years.
Where did you trade it in TR? I'm thinking of trading my Agile guitar in and may be get a Epi Valve Jr.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Great lookin' guitar, TR, and I'd say you got a fantastic price for your Schecter! :D :D :D

I also have a Gibson LP Studio that I seldom play because the neck doesn't really agree with me. (Why did I buy it? They were about $300 off a while back and I couldn't resist...besides, it's Arctic White w/ gold hardware and it's pretty...:roll:) I didn't do my research before jumping on it and I believe it has a '50s neck rather than the '60s slim taper one. What's your Epi got? Does it feel the same as your Custom or is it shaped differently? Just wondering...if you don't hear much of a difference between the two, I should maybe look into an Epi LP. But I'd have to sell a guitar, too. I'm on lockdown indefinitely. :cry:

Anyway...congrats!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

My Les Paul Studio doesn't know I have it yet....

What, you're waiting for the right moment to introduce them? Careful, they may fight over territory!

Glad you like the Epi LP, TR - looks nice next to the Gibson, too. What next? Going to see if they'll mate? Put me down for one of the litter....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Well there is this shop in WatertownNew York alled Dr. Guitar and I was hesitant to trade there because they don't usually give you much. You can imagine I was floored when Bruce says "That is worth$178 used". The Les Paul was $429, same price Musicians Friend is asking so I jumped on it.

The neck is 60's slim taper as is the neck on my Gibson Les Paul Studio and Gibson Les Paul Special. They all feel identical to me and that is part of the beauty in the deal. They are all black, the Studio has gold hardware though with black pick guard, pickup rings ect. I rarely play that one though cause I worry I might damage it. Silly huh? Needless to say despite being 16 years old it is mint. It's worth more than I paid for it. Only one I can say that about.

Vic, if there any little ones I'll give you pickof the litter. :lol:

At first when they switched manufacture to China I saw these Les Pauls as inferior to the Korean ones, but I think they are actually beter. Some of the older Korean Epis had alder bodies that were veniered with maple necks and such. The tuning keys were Gibson knock offs, and I have some on my Epi SG so I know they are good, but the Chineese ones come with Grovers. The neck and body are mahogony. It is not "exactly" the same as my Gibson Les Pauls but the two Gibsons I have are a little different as well, so no problems there. Of note, check out the pic of the two guitars and look at the nuts. The Epiphone nut is nylon but look at the detail they put into it to make it look like the bone nut on the "real" Les Paul. Most cool!

ReplyQuote
(@mikebfg)

Hey I'm not quite sure how to post pics so if someone would tell me that would help but...

I have...

Guitars:
Gibson BFG trans black
Fender American Startocaster candy cola (maple neck)
Ibanez RG320PG P1 warning pattern
Jim Deacon really cheap les paul copy type thing
Tanglewood TFC-550 Blue burst

Amp:
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Line 6 Spider 2 15 watt

Effects
Line 6 Pod XT
FBV 4 way controller (Works with Pod XT and Spider valve)

In case you haven't noticed I really like line 6 when it comes to amps and effects and I'm looking to get a Gibson Billie Joe Junior so I was wondering if people could post some pics cos I don't know if I should get it in Classic White or Vintage Sunburst

Anyway hope you enjoyed my ramble

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Hey Mike,

Welcome! Here's a link to GC which has pics of the guitar you're looking for:

BJA Gibson

Take care!
CC :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@mikebfg)

Hey Mike,

Welcome! Here's a link to GC which has pics of the guitar you're looking for:

BJA Gibson

Take care!
CC :D

Thanks but I've seen the Vintage Sunburst in real life and the colours don't look like that so I was wondering if the white looks different

But thanks anyways

ReplyQuote
(@ryanrhoads)

haha, my rooms a mess XD

Here's one I just took of my Yamaha.
The first guitar I ever owned :D
cost me a pretty penny too.
But it's a beautiful guitar, It could really use a fret dress, or a re-fret, but I don't have the $ to do it.
yes, the mid pickup had been removed, and i disconnected the neck pickup, but kept it there for looks.

e--------------------9--12--16--12--9-----------------------
B---------------10-----------------------10-------------------
G----------11---------------------------------11-------------
D---9h12------------------------------------------12--7~~---

ZOMG

ReplyQuote
(@mikebfg)

Nice guitar, I wonder how old those potato chips are?

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I can't look at this thread and help but wonder how yoyo286 is these days. (he started this thread)
anyone here remember him, or keep in contact?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ryanrhoads)

haha, I just bought those chips >.>

e--------------------9--12--16--12--9-----------------------
B---------------10-----------------------10-------------------
G----------11---------------------------------11-------------
D---9h12------------------------------------------12--7~~---

ZOMG

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Gibson Epiphone 12-string Jackson JS30DKT (hardtail)
Seagull Martime Spruce
Marshall MG10CD

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice guitar Ryan, are those locking tuners? Clip the string ends before you poke your eye out! :mrgreen:

Minotaur ... nice gear. 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 55 / 75