Clear all

Your Gear...

1,112 Posts
284 Users
0 Likes
130.8 K Views
(@bokonon)
Eminent Member

I have only been playing for eight months, but I decided to upgrade from my $99 Gibson Maestro. This is a Norman B18, made in Quebec.

I really like it, it blows my other guitar away.

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Very nice! I love this thread...it's like Christmas in July. :D

:note1: :note2: :note1: :note2: :note1: :note2:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

My Strat keeping my Marquee company

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

A couple of pics of my new Les Paul Studio. I love the sound of this guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

DS.....I like that shirt.

Bokonon, Norman guitars are really kept under the radar. I've played two and loved them both. That one is beautiful.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Norman guitars are really kept under the radar.

Won't that hurt the finish? :P

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice gear everyone.

By the way I think everyone needs one of these t-shirts :)

Got one! My daughter bought it for me as a gift a few years ago. It's a little faded now but I still wear it frequently. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Nice gear everyone.

By the way I think everyone needs one of these t-shirts :)

DS-

You understand wearing that tee ups the threshold to five beers, right?

-=G

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jick-jackson)
Estimable Member

Hi friends,

Two new additions to the herd:

Mike Robinson @ Eastwood said it was a copy of the late 60's Teisco "May Queen". He said he hadn't made them for 4 yrs or longer hence the old logo on the headstock. It is really light and the mini-HBs sound great. Even the cheesy trem is great and it stays in tune. It looks a little dirty in the pics and yeah, it needs a good polish but there is not a scratch or flaw on it. Cool! It's a little hard to play sitting down, though, without a place for your knee.

Next up:

Sorry I had to give this one three pics to show the awesomeness of this guitar. I have no idea what it's a copy of and even Mike @ Eastwood (or My Rare Guitars) was a little perplexed when I tried to describe it. It was advertised as a 335 copy but the body shape is definitely different. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous in person, the pics do not do it justice. The Burns trem on it is better than any Bigsby I've owned. The pups sound a lot like the DeArmond Gold Tone (is that right?) that ended up in some of the Guild Starfires. Quiet as hell and jazzy when you want it, loud as f*** when you want that. Both of these guitars are totally flawless and excellent sounding and playing guitars. Both have set necks and neither required adjustments to my taste. The necks are both slim taper which I love and the frets are dressed well. It doesn't hurt that the Blonde has a bound neck (although the body is only fake bound :D

The May Queen by contrast is a little nasal sounding like an early 70's SG Special but I like that sort of thing. It does tend to feedback pretty quickly (the body is almost entirely hollow, it does not appear to be chambered and weighs maybe 6 pounds if that). It sounds good with some tube amp overdrive to send it over into Funk #49 territory (and to you youngsters that don't know what that's in reference to: GET OFF MY LAWN! :D ).

Man I got these guitars CHEAP, and they are my two favorite at the moment out of about 20 or more electrics, but I suppose that's bound to wear out when I want my Reverend and LP back in the loop. I'd highly recommend you guys/gals check out some of these Eastwood guitars. I have 2 (well, 4 now) and I've been really happy with all of them and Mike R is just a cool guy and emails back in minutes.

If anyone has any info on the blonde semi-hollow, pleases comment or PM me. I'm interested in exactly what this is a copy of...

Peace,
Jick

Wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Visit The Best Show on WFMU at wfmu.org

ReplyQuote
(@ryanrhoads)

Japanese Custom Shop Yamaha 1212, Sh4 in bridge, neck and mid removed.
Original Floyd rose double locking tremolo
Jackson SL1 Soloist - Fernandez sustainer HB in neck, and Blackout - bridge
Floyd 2 double locking tremolo

Marshall AVT275
Mesa boogie Dual Rectifier
4x12 Mesa boogie slant cab

Vintage Digitech Whammy
Boss cs2 compressor
Digitech Rp2000
Electro Harmonix Metal muff with top boost
Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
^^ Holy Grail plus
MXR M-115 Distortion III
MXR Flanger
MXR Crybaby classic Wah

Im a bit of a gear junkie ^^
Its not all plugged in at all times, though I do use two wahs.

e--------------------9--12--16--12--9-----------------------
B---------------10-----------------------10-------------------
G----------11---------------------------------11-------------
D---9h12------------------------------------------12--7~~---

ZOMG

ReplyQuote
(@soxzs)
Eminent Member

Dont know how to post pictures :O God and im only 20 i feel like such an oldy!

My gear though

Brand Spanking New 2008 Model Gibson Dove!
Freshman FA 500dce
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Ibanez: SAS32EX
Epiphone Hummingbird ( My first guitar)

Behringer Amp + Mic
Akai Headrush 2

Il upload pictures if you want to see them, but i might need quick lesson on how :P

ReplyQuote
(@soxzs)
Eminent Member

Iffy quality i know but taken very quickly.

Ibanez never gets played and just realised it has a Behringer sticker on it :S
and its an Epi Dove not an Epi Hummingbird :P

Apart from that, its all good :D

** they photos seem to have been chopped in half :S no idea why**

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

** they photos seem to have been chopped in half :S no idea why**I have the same problem.

I'm only guessing, but perhaps your camera(s) are on a low resolution setting?

Whatever site you're using to host, check the properties of the pics - it may be that they're too large to "print" for want of a better word. You can always use a program like irfan viewer (haven't got a link handy, you'll have to google it) to re-size your pics.

Oh yeah, nice collection you're building there, soxzs!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Two new additions to the herd

Those are a couple of beauts, Mr J...... I followed a link you posted a while back, think it was Eastwood's Rare Guitars or something - I was sat gawping for about an hour! Sheer goggle-eyed wonder, mouth agape and drooling - better not post that link again, it took me a week to get over the GAS pains!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Are you kidding Vic? You know what camera I'm taking photo's with? It's the Canon 400D aka Rebel XTI.
and the res is around 3000 +.

I said I was only guessing.... :oops: .....maybe it's too HIGH resolution, then? I dunno - anything more than "point and click" and I'm into advanced territory. I do know, the one time I tried to re-size a photo (for my avatar) I had to download irfan viewer, work out what to do with it, and experiment a few times till I got it right. That's eight hours of my life I'll never get back.....

I'd like to make a new avatar, but I'll be buggered if I'm going through all that again!!!!

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 54 / 75