Clear all

What recession?

20 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I figured buying American might stimulate things along. Hey, I'm only trying to do my part. :wink:

American Vintage ‘52 Telecaster®

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

That's a real beauty! :)

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

You're a real patriot!

(Green with envy)

Ande

ReplyQuote
(@bmancv-60)
Estimable Member

Never been a big Tele fan but that may change; dang that's nice! Great case too! Please talk to my wife!!! :mrgreen:

"...I don't know - but whasomever I do, its gots ta be FUNKY!"

ReplyQuote
(@werner77)
Eminent Member

Nice guitar man. A guitar player will ALWAYS find money to buy his next guitar. hehe

www.playguitarmusiclessons.com

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

A real American beauty! :mrgreen:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! Another envious one here. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Sweet! :mrgreen:

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@cheesehead54)
Trusted Member

A thing of beauty. Is that butterscotch?

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Awsome guitar. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Thanks for helping the American Economy!!!

Looks like a sweet guitar

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

One more vote for, "Ooh, that's beautiful....."

Recession? As long as good men are willing to spend good money on good guitars, I say to hell with the recession!

I was checking the price on a Squier Custom Telecaster today with my local store. Four years ago, I bought one for £169....today, the same guitar is £265.....roughly a 57% increase.

It's not the recession that's crippling us, it's inflation - I'm pretty sure my income hasn't gone up by 57% in the last four years!

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

the tele I bought a month ago for 1000 now costs 1300. even the asking prices of used gear on craigslist is going up...often up too high but that's another issue.

beautiful tele there. i wish i could have picked up a butterscotch but eh. enjoy it.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

My Fender Blues Deluxe Re-issue went from $600 to $900 in 19 months.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the comments. It's funny where this thread drifted to... it being an investment. That thought was what made me pull the trigger on it (that and I got an amazing deal). This is hands down a big purchase for me but in looking at how any money I have in 401k's and other plans has gone down around 45% this seemed like a good place to invest :D

I really love this guitar, it is amazing how a really good quality instrument sounds and feels (even in my less than proficient hands). I have a Squire '51 and an Epi and a Washburn... crap, it's dawning on me I may have too many guitars... but last year I purchased a American Made Guild D-55 and now this electric and I must say while I have loved and enjoyed all those "lower end" guitars over many years these two new ones are just an order of magnitude over the old ones. My Squire '51 (that I will never part with) always felt smooth as silk on the neck and sounded great... until I picked up the new Tele and play them back and forth. Same for the Washburn D-10 and Epiphone PR5-E... they always sounded great to me, then I got the D-55... oh my, what a difference. I can only say if you happen on the extra money and can make it work, you will never regret purchasing a high end instrument.

PS: I just googled the PR5 to make sure I got the model number correct for this post and it sells for $329... It was a while ago but I know I didn't pay more than $249 for mine. OK... everybody cash in their 401k's and buy guitars :shock:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2