Notifications
Clear all

What Lp electric should I buy ?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@leleach)
Topic starter  

Hi,I want to buy an les paul type guitar and I got my eyes on an Esp ltd ec 256 and an Chapman ml2 lunar modern standard and I don't know which one is better also if you have recommandations for other lp guitars under 500 dollars type them here ,because i need to buy an guitar and an amp with 550dollars .I live in Romania I am willing to buy online actually if I'll choose the chapman ill order it ,I have no amp or any other gear except an accoustic/electric type guitar, I would like an 628+ scale so I can tune the guitar down to drop A# ,fixed bridge,pickups passive but anyway in the future ill end up switching them if i'll choose one of the 2 above,C type neck or thin U pref , frets can be either 22 or 24 dont really mind and I don't really have an wood combination that I like but I love the neck that the chapman guitar has ,wood and profile wise .I don't care about brand I just want an guitar that sounds really good for the buck and has an look that attracts me because this will be my first electric and probably my last for the upcoming good years to come .I would prefer not to buy an used one .

(@unleashedfury)
Eminent Member

I have played ESP's and they are great guitars.

I have heard of Chapman and have heard nothing but good things about them So I cannot speak from experience.

In My Humble Opinion, if you truly are looking for a Les Paul Style Guitar, Consider Epiphone.

Considering you are living in Romania I can't speak on what is available for you as far as guitars. But Epiphone is owned by Gibson since the 1950's and they make Epiphone Les Pauls which are near a clone of the Gibson LP guitar, at a fraction of the price, a decent Les Paul Copy could run you around 3 to 500 American Dollars.

While they are still inferior to a True Les Paul, they are a great guitar at a fraction of the price, While still allowing wiggle room, for extras. Also since you stated you are on a limited budget and considering modifications. Its a good guitar that will keep you jamming away for years.

ReplyQuote
(@leleach)
Topic starter  

Thank you for replying ,yeah I heard just good things about Esp my issue with it (the lp model I stated)is the difficulty of tuning it down to drop #A because of the scale and the 22 frets even though you can with some ddario .13-.63 strings it's not ideal about the Chapman I wouldn't even have posted this since the guitar has quality wood on it abd the finish to me looks absolutley gorgeius but because of some reviews about that model having it received with some sharp fret ends and some look issues also the pick ups sound kinda meh though I can't play it since the stores near me don't have the ml2 so it might sound decent and anyway I have in mind to replace the pick ups to either guitar I get in the future and about the Epiphone I heard that since Gibson bought the company they had some lack of quality with the guitars so I didn't look to much into them even though I saw an Epiphone Les paul custom pro on an store (not near me sadly just online)which seems good/sounds good . Probably ill end up with the Chapman and hope it dosen't have issues that can't be fix relatively easy so I wouldn't have to worry about resending the guitar to thomann and etc but from my experience this hasn't happen to me when I bought my electro-accoustic guitar from Thomann and I have faith in their quality control

ReplyQuote
(@waylon)
Trusted Member

ReplyQuote