Notifications
Clear all

Truss Rod Adjustment having a Negative Impact on Tone

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@michiganpathfinder)
Topic starter  

Have you guys ever heard that loosening a truss Rod having a negative effect on tone? I was watching a video with Dan Erlewine and Bonamassa' tech and they both said it makes your rubbery or floppy. I didn't pay it much mind when I watched the video months ago,but now I've had to make some truss Rod adjustments and my tone seems "different "

Which takes me to my next point. I have a brand new Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Historic '57 Goldtop and I'm having a rattle on the low e and a strings at fret 1 & 2. What's your thoughts?

(@alangreen)

The truss rod exists to stop the tension in the strings warping your neck. It won't affect your tone.

Either 1) your ride height is wrong - raise the bridge a touch, or 2) your truss rod needs adjusting to straighten the neck. Option 1 is more likely as in 44 years ofplaying guitar I have only once seen a guitar that needd a truss rod adjustment.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@khaiking)

The truss rod exists to stop the tension in the strings warping your neck. It won't affect your tone.

Either 1) your ride height is wrong - raise the bridge a touch, or 2) your truss rod needs adjusting to straighten the neck. Option 1 is more likely as in 44 years ofplaying guitar I have only once seen a guitar that needd a truss rod adjustment.

Thanks for the guidelines

ReplyQuote