Clear all

Sweet Lord, VOX AD30VT

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just got home with my new vox... It has stunningly accurate tones and wondefull effects.. I'll try and post more later but I must go play.. If anyone has been tinkering with purchasing something from the Valvetronix line.. go go go

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yeah i love those amps... I was gonna get a 15 watt one but then i saw a 60 watt beringher for 150. :roll: Once i get some more money for an amp im gettin that.(or real simple tube amp, like a fender Pro Junior) Enjoy your new amp! (makes me jealous :evil: )

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I know... i'm trading in my Marshall MG30DFX this weekend for some store credit towards one. (I don't want two 30's sitting around my house, plus, I need to save some money for the Strat I want and some new pickups for the Epi!)

I think I was on a little cloud for the hour I was rockin' away on that thing... sweet jeebus, that's a sweet amp. :D

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oh, it sure is. Bought one last week after some lengthy testing, and it ROCKS. Will write a small review about a bunch of amps I tested today so I'll say more about this one there. Still pissed with Vox about a few nasty tricks with the AD30, but the sound is just too good. :D

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Fiberoptik

Sounds like the Vox is one impressive amp.

I read Arjen's review comparing this with several other amps. Maybe the Vox does not have all the features like CD Input or Midi or whatever. But when it comes down to it, TONE is what really matters. And it sounds like this amp has it over all the others in it's price range.

Congratulations on the nice amp and ROCK ON!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

Cool. They seem like awsome amps...
Ive been considering the Vox AD50VT, along with a few hybrid Marshalls. Judging from your 30 watt vox how good would you say it is for metal? And compared to Marshall amps, if you have xperience with em?...

Has anyone played the 50watt version? Can it get that kinda Marshall chunk and beefiness? My friend has a 100watt Marshall stack and he gets the most chunky sound with palm mute, I love it!

I guess this is a dumb question but I dont hav much experience with this - Marshall beefiness or not, it will absolutely blow away my Fender Frontman 15R in term of sound quaility right? lol

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I love it because of how absolutely VERSATILE it is. This amp was made for people like me - who'd switch from playing "Stormy Monday Blues" to "Iron Man" to "Hot for Teacher" and then to "Cowboys From Hell" in the space of 20 minutes, and want their amp to keep up with their tastes in music without stretching its limits.

Definitely find a store that has a AD30VT, or even a 15, and check it out. It's just a smaller version of the 50, the only thing that changes is the size of the speakers. :D

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Simon:
It has some wickedly tasty distortion presets that sound just sik.. Good chunky rythym and some great effects built in for reverb and sustain. This amp is super versatile. The amp does have a preset for marshall modeling and you can always tweak to your liking. I spent 6 hours iwth it just messing with the different tones and effects.. My favorite is probably the Botique Clean model.. Its done just beautifully, through a little chorus and reverb in thier and yum...
Just go out and try one.. I'm sure you will be impressed...

ReplyQuote