Notifications
Clear all

Strat with a humbucker

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rice33)
Topic starter  

I'm in the market for a strat with a humbucker can anyone suggest anything? No more than a grand!

Thanks

(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Is that a grand in dollars, pounds or yen? (Not sure if they use the term in the US, but thought it best to ask.)
Since there are plenty of humbucker fitted fender strats under that (for the first two anyway, yen might be a challenge) and even more strat-like guitars, are you looking for something specific or just want to know what other people like?

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Don't get me started on the charvel san dimas's. SO so so so nice and around $750 USD. A used 80's model 2 on ebay would probably set you back $250 - awesome necks, if you don't like the pointy heads you could sell the neck, buy a fender licensed and choose what ever pickup you want installed (although the stock jackons are pretty mean, even though I usually don't keep them) and you'd still have half your cash.

ReplyQuote
(@rfriday)

I've had my American Special HSS for about a month now, and I love it. Got it on clearance from Best Buy for $600 as their closing all of their musical instrument departments. I wasn't even looking, but the store closest to me had one left and I couldn't pass it up. Anyway, the retail for $899 and you can always get at least 15% off from GC if you're patient....Although I'd check out local Best Buy's for clearance deals if you have any near you.

ReplyQuote
(@rice33)
Topic starter  

English pounds to answer the question!

I already own a Charvel with EMGs so got that covered. Simply I love strats but want a bit more bite out of one I would rather spend a bit more and be totally happy than make do for less.

ReplyQuote