Clear all

Showmanship...?

36 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Sounds good, Notes. Thanks for backing me up on the non-drinking thing - I sometimes have one at a gig but other than that I drink water... yeah, that clear stuff fish go to the toilet in. It actually annoys me a bit if anyone of the other band members gets tiddly, becasue their solos degenerate, go longer & louder! I do have fun playing, it's just showing that fun is the problem, I guess becasue I become so focussed on what I'm doing! :?

As for the others I don't evenm like taking prescription medication, nevermind self-medication. Another thing that gives me the $h!ts is self-indulgent stoned muscisians :roll:

Maybe I'll just come out of my shell when I'm NOT soloing :lol:

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Alice Cooper said he has to imagine that he's got no pants on...so he HAS to look around to see who's noticed!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i used to be in a band where we'd just get drunk, and sometimes stoned, but we'd practiced so much that the playing was rote. took more focus than usualy, though.

ReplyQuote
(@colin-rp)
Eminent Member

Try not not be critical in any way of yourself or your audience. Just be positive and share. Here is a vid of Rory Gallagher playing to a bunch of french headbangers about half his age in the 80's and he just totally gets into their trip and lets them lead him while sharing his music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

ReplyQuote
(@rob77)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've only got dial-up so I'll have to look at that later when I have more time - but thanks! :D

We can't play rote, as half of what we do is improvised each night. We really love that 'organicness'... if that's a word :lol:

We're all in the moment - that's probaly half the problem - I'm too self engrosed! :roll:

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

ReplyQuote
(@ryanrhoads)

I need to find a vid of me playing a gig haha.
I jump around and Im always trying to get closer to the crowd.
people dig it.

otherwise I usually just stand in the front with my leg on something lol

of course sometimes Im just like, lame and stand there.

depends on the mood.

Yes, just practice till you dont need to look at the fretboard, not only will it help your
showmanship, but will propel you even faster down the road of glory :)

e--------------------9--12--16--12--9-----------------------
B---------------10-----------------------10-------------------
G----------11---------------------------------11-------------
D---9h12------------------------------------------12--7~~---

ZOMG

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3