Skip to content
Second Hand IBANEZ ...

Notifications
Clear all

Second Hand IBANEZ GAX30 Still a Good option?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@xomukiwi)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone I am 21, yet never had guitar at any point however figured I would begin i,m going to get a second hand IBANEZ GAX30 as my first historically speaking guitar as I have swollen fingers and this has a more extensive fret board is there any guidance for a tenderfoot of my age I need to learn shake/blues yet not the shouting rock.

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

my first was a GAX-70, purchased in 2004. I was a a noob tenderfoot, twice your current age. It got me started and has served me well. Now it is serving as a starter guitar for someone 3X your current age when he started.

The main characteristic that drew me to this mine was the nut width. I do not recall what it is, but it was, but with it, I as able to instantly fret a C and Am chords when it previously unable to within 10-15 seconds. All good from there.

I imagine the 30 would be similar to the 70 just by looking at it. If so, I would jump on it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote