Notifications
Clear all

Schecter Omen Extreme 6 or ESP LTD EC-331 or something <£400

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@seken)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I have about £400 max to buy a new guitar and thought this would be a good place to come for advice and/or feedback. I currently play an Ibanez RG09 LTD Pegasus with a Floyd tremolo and feel it's time to add a new guitar without an FR for ease of tuning etc.

I've come across the two guitars in the thread title and don't know which one to go for. I'm not a massive fan of active pick-ups, which the EC-311 has, but it's a nice shape and it does sound pretty sweet. I play a lot of metal and growly stuff but also a mix of other genres as well. So as long as the guitar has a nice warm growl it's all good.

However the Omen Extreme (6 string) really appeals and I've heard it play and it sounds pretty good. It has a nice shape although I'm not sure about the Diamond open coil pick-ups.

Anyway, don't want to ramble on, which of these two guitars would be better, in your opinions? Or are there any others for less that £400 that are better than both and have passive pick-ups and don't have FR's?