Clear all

Return of the Strat head acoustic

25 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I remember seeing Johnny Cash play an original one of these and thinking they were cool, till I found out they had a wooden truss rod. Well they've brought it back. What do you think?

Here's the link

Strat Headed Acoustic

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@rocker)
Noble Member

i've never seen one before, looks cool, its gotta sound good 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

hmmm...that doesnt really look nice IMO. Can the wooden truss rod be adjusted with the use of an allen key?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

The body is beautiful, but I think the headstock looks rather foolish.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It just doesn't look right to me. I don't like it.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

me neighbor has an original one. it's a Fender Del Rey i think. looks pretty weird, but it's got it's own crazy appeal. his sounds pretty nice. the originals look a little nicer.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Sort of reminds me of those Stratacoustic guitars actually. They were different!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

hmmm...that doesnt really look nice IMO. Can the wooden truss rod be adjusted with the use of an allen key?

The new ones have a metal truss rod, but the older ones weren't adjustable.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I know a guy who plays one like this.

It may look odd but his has a great sound.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I have the Fender San Luis Rey I purchased 15 years ago and it also has the Strat Headstock. I happen to like it alot.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

mikespe,

nice guitar buddy, i like the way they look, does it sound sweat?

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I like it rocker. I have .11's on it and it still has the deep dound of .12's that most people like. Most likely because of the age of the guitar. After the setup I had done to it a few months back is plays almost as smooth as my Agile!

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

There's a pawn show aroud here with a Fender Coronado II I believe. It has a head like that one, but has a 335 body. Very strange, and very cool. Plays awesome, too. The year that come sto mind if '65.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I like Fender Palaminos.

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member

i found one at a pawn shop in Montreal in 1990 (it was a 300 buck fender acoustic with the strat headstock, 70's style)...but i gave it to my then roomate in lieu of my rent ( i was 19)...i really liked it though...it had 2 string trees.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2