Notifications
Clear all

requinto

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rosinante)
Topic starter  

is there anybody out there that can help me on mastering the techniques on requinto guitar?

PLEASE! ANYBODY!

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

We have a resident Spanish expert - Alan Green - just need to wait for him to come along.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rosinante)
Topic starter  

there has to be more than that. well does anybody know any latin sound techinque kind of thing?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I found this.....about techniques.

Other than that, I'm lost! From the research I did though, it doesn't even look like a smaller scaled guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@doohdoohhead)
Trusted Member

hey rosinante,
I've been interested in requinto-style playing for years now. But when you say requinto, which kind of music do you like, Boleros and Trios or more Regional styles? I would suggest you find a person who actually plays that style to teach you it. It's a specific type of playing and different from blues or rock lead guitar and my opinion is that a blues or rock guitar teacher wouldn't be effective(or as effective) as a requinto player himself. I know because I tried it and it failed miserably.

ReplyQuote
(@rosinante)
Topic starter  

Im into trios. my favorite guitarist is from trios los tres reyes, sadly i forgpt the guys name.
over here in this suburub, i cant find anybody about requinto playing. and it is totally different than blues or anything like that. there's no one that i know here that knows anything about that. so if there was a book published abou it or anything i would be satisfied

ReplyQuote