Now thats what I'm talking about!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Nice indeed. 8) 8)

We know about that amp and you fondness of your strat. What's the LP shaped nit on the right?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hey, Roy (%

That would be my very first guitar.... A hand-me down from my uncle's uncle, to him, to my dad, to me.
It's a type II Alden Tuxedo Single Pickup 9908 Hollowbody/Harmony H45 Stratotone Mars.
It came with a Harmony H303 5 watt tube amp, dated 1962.

The guitar seems to have maple sides and back with a spruce top. Wonderfully woody, dry tone.
It's pretty much my go-to guitar as it's just resting against the wall behind my lazy-boy (%
Love it!

http://harmony.demont.net/model.php?id=554

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's cool as can be! 8) 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Here's a pic of the Harmony amp. Took awhile to track it down. Sorry, no beer in this pic.
The guitar is a 91-92 Ovation Custom Balladeer cedar top.

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@pilot)
Estimable Member

This isn't *quite* random, since I did assemble all the guitars currently in the room to take the pic along with grabbing an un-opened beer - a Stone Brewery "Ruination" IPA - from the fridge (since I'm actually sipping some Crown Royal right now LOL)....

The only thing in the picture that belongs to me is the black Agile AL-2000...the rest of it (cheapo Yamaha acoustic that sounds amazing, cheapo Squier Bullet Strat copy that sounds amazing, and a Fender Mustang II amp that coincidentally sounds amazing :lol: ) belongs to my 15 year old son. Those are two of his 7 guitars -- five 6-strings and two basses. I think I mention in nearly every post I make that he's a better player now than I'll probably ever be, so he gets all the gear, and I'm really damn proud of him. :D

(fake edit) Pictures can only be 600 pixels wide? When did that rule come into play? Is this 1996?

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Here's a pic of the Harmony amp. Took awhile to track it down. Sorry, no beer in this pic.
The guitar is a 91-92 Ovation Custom Balladeer cedar top.

Ken

Enjoyed both your pics Ken, and I'm seriously envious of that telephone too. :) Looks like a proper Gentleman's Communication Device, compared to the crummy little wisps of plastic that are on sale now.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Love the black Al2000!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK Time to get out the spandex and hair spray!

Thats the new Jackson next to the Kramer! The newest next to #1!

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

OK Time to get out the spandex and hair spray!

Wot - no beer! Thanks TR, but I'll stick with the Guinness.... :wink:

Good to see the new kid on the block hanging out with the old feller ( I guess a vintage axe can be called an "old feller"??? :roll: )

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Chris C, wrote:
"....I'm seriously envious of that telephone too. Looks like a proper Gentleman's Communication Device, compared to the crummy little wisps of plastic that are on sale now.

Cheers,

Chris"

Good eye, Chris :D
It's a real and original Pre-War (WWII) phone. Metal body, Bakelite receiver, brown cloth cord, rotary.... And still in fine working condition. Back when I lived in Ill., that was my actual Land-line phone. Couldn't stand the low fidelity of the cheapo plastic, throwaway quality, cordless phones that were out at the time. Long live Western Electric! 8)

The blue-glass object on the table is a telegraph/telephone line insulator, rescued from out of the mud next to some RR tracks alongside a stretch of Route 66 :)

Ken

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The blue-glass object on the table is a telegraph/telephone line insulator, rescued from out of the mud next to some RR tracks alongside a stretch of Route 66
I had an Uncle (RIP) who had a sizable and impressive collection of those. That brought me back.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Brown Tone....? :D

-Ernest Hemingway

-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

:D

I had missed this thread. Nice set of pictures Ken and the others!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2