Clear all

Practicing unplugged electric guitar.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@aklemare)
Topic starter  

Hello,

I just wonder how many people practice unplugged electric guitar or bass?
I know that the volume is low but sometimes you just can't play loud. Personally I don't like using headphones.
I have developed a new device - passive amplifier, which simply clips onto your guitar headstock and converts your electric into a low volume acoustic guitar.
I like it because it gives me the freedom just to grab my guitar and play any time - just like acoustic.
What do you think?

Andre
North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

Andre

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I think it always a benefit whenever one picks up the guitar to play. unplugged, amped, either way, you are engaged with the instrument and that's when learning and enjoyment happen. Typically, I have an electric lying around. when the mood strikes, I grab it and play unplugged. 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@aklemare)
Topic starter  

I agree that playing is always good uplugged or pluged. My problem with playing unplugged was that I could not hear very well all notes. I have developed a remedy for this. It is passive, clip on guitar speaker. It took me almost two year to perfect the design. You can find the details at:
www.delsonix.ca

Now I have my speaker clipped onto my bass and a guitar and can just grab and play any time. Just like acoustic guitars. I think that this is the biggest appeal of acoustic guitar - freedom to play any time and instant joy. And of course one can not duplicate the beautiful sound of resonating wood.

Andre

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I play my electric un plugged quite a bit. I normally only get time to play at night after the kids go to bed, so I need to keep it down. For getting the fingering down its fine. Once you start working on getting the sound right, you need to plug in though.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@aklemare)
Topic starter  

Paul,

I agree that there is no substitute for playing plugged in and trying different sounds.
I find playing unplugged but with my clip on speaker quite interesting and stimulating. It is a different sound and it comes directly at you. Even in acoustic guitar the sound radiated away from you. It is a different experience.

Andre

Andre

ReplyQuote
(@leander07marvin)

When I want to learn a metal or rock any genre guitar solo. I'm playing it on clean sound(unplugged elec, or accoustic). Just what the expert say, Play it on both clean and distorted.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQYJol3YUbGdeNTj8Et7XJg

ReplyQuote