playing live

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey everyone, been quite a long time
however, i have a gig in the quad in my college, and we are going to play in front of alot of people, and i dont think we're ready, like im really scared to go on, i know my stuff pretty good, my bass player is aight, and my drummer is awsome, and the singer well he is what is really bothering me, he got something at the worst time, a girlfriend and now he is pussy whiped and hasnt learned any of the songs, im really getting angry, i cant sing that great, let alone play rythem and lead at the same time. the only good thing is that its just for fun and isnt a competition, but i would like to be sound, and we arent even close, and we have only played together a couple of times, and what my bass player is telling is im holding the band together. which is just wonderful on me. so what do i do? play and sound like crap. we arent even doing hard songs here is a list of what songs.

Sweet child of mine
comf numb
my hero (foo fighter)
shook you all nite long
summer of 69
fade to black
born to be wild
iris ( goo goo dolls)
aint talking bout love

im doing the rythem and the leads and all guitar parts.
what do i do? we got till oct 22

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Whack his peepee. (Can I say that? :shock: )

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Whack his peepee. (Can I say that? :shock: )

Lol You just did.

peaveywolfgang5150:

Sounds like you need to snatch a knot in the singer's tail or hurry up and find a suitable replacement.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Sounds like a rough situation. You've still got a week, and a lot could be done in a week, depending on how much time everyone can put in. I'd say have practice everyday that you can. The last thing you want to be doing is figuring it out while your up there looking at all those people. If its not working in practice before the show, it certaintly isn't going to be any better during the show.

About the singer, I'd say either tell him to get his act together or find a replacement. If he doesn't care enough to make time to learn lyrics and practice, then I doubt he cares much about the quality of the performance either.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Playing on or around the Universities is a blast. No worries all they want to hear is some music that rock and rolls so they can dance and party to. Go there, do your best and have fun. Thats why they call a certain area around collages Sin City.

Joe

ReplyQuote