Playing In Public...

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all...
I know many people here are anxious about playing in public and my Wife had a great idea. Our dryer just recently went on the frits so its my job to drive to the laundrymat and dry our clothes. Well I hated doing it because I get so bored and she suggested that I bring my guitar. So I grabed my campfire special (cheepy) and dragged it down there. It was kind of empty so I was quietly playing and a few folks came up and requested a few songs. I obliged what I could and we had a great time.
ANyway it made it easy to play because I wasnt exactly playing for an audience, well until they approached me. All in all it was a good time.

(@ban310)
Eminent Member

Cool. Thats what music's all about.

ReplyQuote
(@epiphoneisgibson)
Eminent Member

now all you hafta do is find a busy street corner, put your guitar case down and open it and start playing and you got yourself a business my friend well not really but it'll bring in money

happiness is a warm poppy

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Yessir, that's what we call a Sole Proprietership...

Congrats on the good times.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You'll be know as the, "Kool Kat from the Laundrymat" 8) .

I better get out of this thread before my wife see's it. Next thing you know I'll have 3 bags of laundry in one hand and my keys and guitar in the other!!!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

^lol, "Kool Kat from the Laundrymat" :) . Congrats, its a good idea to bring your case and leave it open. Don't count on anything, but hey! You r next campfire guitar could be a Martin! :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Nice!! sounds like you got some fun chores! keep up the playing. Like the name "Kool Kat from the Laundrymat" sounds very nice lol. Anyway just be careful some cities require a permit to play music in public places... I dont believe it costs more than a few dollers if its required! just check up on it if you can.

Keep up the good work!
Bstguitarist
KB1LQC

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Boy, your wife is one smart lady.

A lot of the young people probably don't know about the gasoline shortage back in the 70's. Where I lived if the last digit on your license plate was an even number you could get gas on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. If it was odd, then Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday. NO Gas on Sunday. But anyway, I remember waiting 2 to 3 hours in long lines to get gas, so I used to take my acoustic and sit on my hood and play. Sometimes people would come around and comment or listen. What else could you do?

Don't tell your wife how much fun you had, or you'll be doing laundry forever!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote