Clear all

On sending demo's  to record companies

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@petrix)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Could anybody give me advice on sending demo's to record companies?

Me and my band are begining to think about doing this, could you please give me some advice?

Thankyou

Peter

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

(@davidhodge)

Peter,

If you're truly serious about this, then I advice you go either to a library or a bookstore and track down some of the info in books like the ones we've reviewed fairly recently. Theey are chock full of useful material. Also there are reference guides, like "The Indie Bible" that even give you contact information.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@petrix)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thankyou. Erm, I saw a book like that somewhere, the musicians bible? Or something like that. I'll try to track down a copy.

"I had these dreams that I would learn to play guitar, maybe cross the country, become a rock star"

ReplyQuote
(@garytalley)
Trusted Member

Find out an actual person's name in the A&R department of a record company. Call or email that person and ask if they accept unsolicited CDs. Most don't. You don't want to send your Cds out just to get thrown away.

www.guitarforsongwriters.com

creator of #1 video"Guitar Playing for Songwriters"

ReplyQuote
(@ibnzmusician)
Eminent Member

Try and contact someone who will help you create a proper demo with the right equipment. I personally don't know how to do this, but I know my guitar teacher is currently helping a student record a demo. Once you get a good demo, make sure you have lots of copies and send them to whoever will accept them.

ReplyQuote
(@snoogans775)
Reputable Member

there are lots of resources I've seen, a few good articles on this site including, you should really study those books, don't just flip through to the contact numbers, and if you have played at any club regularly, talk to people there, manager namely, if they know you and have seen you play they'll help you

I don't follow my dreams, I just ask em' where they're going and catch up with them later.
-Mitch Hedburg
Did you see that!

ReplyQuote