Notifications
Clear all

Messed up pick ups!**NEED HELP**

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@david-v)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, i have a raptor exp-plus and i was messing around with the pickguard,i put everything back but now my pick ups positions are strange, they still work but the 2 closest to the bridge pop out and wobble , and the others are to deep inside the guitar. I really need everyones opinion on what i should do :S Here are pictures: file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/IMG_1424.JPG
file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/IMG_1423.JPG
file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/IMG_1421.JPG
file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/IMG_1422.JPG
file:///C:/Users/David/Desktop/IMG_1419.JPG

(@alangreen)

The photos didn't make it. Wanna have another go?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yeah, you need a photo image site or URL so the file can be uploaded.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@david-v)
Topic starter  

http://postimg.org/gallery/4bghmmpa/ I hope that works :)

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Looks like the screws haven't caught the hole in the pickup.

Look at this picture of a pickup: . See the holes on the outside? The screws have to go through your pick guard and catch those holes - then you can use the screws to adjust the height.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@david-v)
Topic starter  

Mine are a little weird and they have springs, i checked and it seems that i've placed everything back properly, the pick up closest to the neck is fine, the biggest problem is the one closest to the bridge though, it falls out and if i tighten the screw the pick up gets really high and hits the strings :P

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Hi,
Mine are a little weird and they have springs, i checked and it seems that i've placed everything back properly, the pick up closest to the neck is fine, the biggest problem is the one closest to the bridge though, it falls out and if i tighten the screw the pick up gets really high and hits the strings :P
All strat-type guitars have springs, the screws pull against them, you wont be able to tighten them to the point where they stop turning, instead you tighten or loosen them to adjust the pickup height.
Looking at the middle and neck pickups, the poles aren't going through the holes in the covers, they probably should. It can be a bit of a tight fit getting them on, you want to use gentle persuasion rather than force. It should look like the picture NoteBoat posted and there shouldn't be any springs in there, they go between the pickup (+cover) and the scratch plate/pickguard/big piece of plastic.
Bit odd that it's the bridge you're having trouble with though. From that picture where you show you're pulling it up and the screw head is above the pickguard, that's the amount of distance you have to tighten the screw before it hits the strings, it should only need a few turns to prevent it falling out.

ReplyQuote
(@david-v)
Topic starter  

Hi,
All strat-type guitars have springs, the screws pull against them, you wont be able to tighten them to the point where they stop turning, instead you tighten or loosen them to adjust the pickup height.
Looking at the middle and neck pickups, the poles aren't going through the holes in the covers, they probably should. It can be a bit of a tight fit getting them on, you want to use gentle persuasion rather than force. It should look like the picture NoteBoat posted and there shouldn't be any springs in there, they go between the pickup (+cover) and the scratch plate/pickguard/big piece of plastic.
Bit odd that it's the bridge you're having trouble with though. From that picture where you show you're pulling it up and the screw head is above the pickguard, that's the amount of distance you have to tighten the screw before it hits the strings, it should only need a few turns to prevent it falling out.

Thanks! The springs were the problem! I took apart my guitar again and fixed everything! :D

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Thanks! The springs were the problem! I took apart my guitar again and fixed everything! :D
Great, happy playing!

ReplyQuote