Clear all

Meet the family

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, seeing as I have returned to the forum I thought I'd introduce my newly expanded family-I went down to the one guitar (the Gordon Smith in the centre, my honey) but recently have raided ebay for some bargains - the roll call is; Gordon Smith GS1.5/40 (only one ever made as far as I know), Squier VM Jaguar bass, Yamaha FG430 MS, Yamaha GL1 guitalele and Generic roundback Tenor ukelele. Now I need to get some meaningful noises out of them......not in the pic is the Korg AX1500 and Ashdown After 8 15W bass Amp. Apart from the GS everything else is an ebay bargain!

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

The Uke looks nice :) And the Yamaha is cool - very cool headstock.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I think the guitar you mean is the Gordon Smith - in order to avoid confusion, from left to right is the Yamaha GL1 guitalele, Squier VM Jaguar Bass, Gordon Smith GS1.5/40, Yamaha FG 403 MS acoustic and in front a Clearwater Bowl back Tenor Electro Ukelele.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

It is the Gordon Smith then - is it a single coil guitar?

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It has a coil tapped HB at the bridge and a single coil at the neck.

ReplyQuote
(@vision-guitars)

Love that Gordon Smith? How do you like the Yamaha Guitalele?

Mark

Electric guitars, Acoustic guitars and Guitar Amps from Vision Guitars

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The Yamaha Guitalele is a heap of fun. The Gordon Smith is a gem. Latest addition to the family is a Blackstar HT1 amp - which sounds tremendous with the gs. What a great little amp for home use. Finally got the kind of amp I wanted - valve, small, managable at low volume with a big tone but with options - line out/phones, cab out. Its fantastic - snappy clean and crunch, good and dirty in overdrive. Wish I could do the pair of them justice. Recommended! every should have a GS and a Blackstar :D

ReplyQuote
(@vision-guitars)

I love the HT1s . . have you tried it through a bigger cabinet yet? it turns into an absolute monster!! :D

Blackstar amps are great, im loving the ID:15 at the moment, next purchase for me i think

Mark

Electric guitars, Acoustic guitars and Guitar Amps from Vision Guitars

ReplyQuote