Clear all

Jumbo frets and intonation.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jhonmicky)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone,,
I have had a problem with intonation on my Fender Toronado and I think I've finally discovered the problem but would welcome any additional comments/thoughts.After much research I have only now discovered that it has medium jumbo frets and what these are!Even though I've been playing for over 25 years I did'nt have a clue what Jumbo frets were and how they might effect the way you play.(don't be embaressed if you don't know either)

Basicaly the problem I was having was notes going sharp at the lower frets eg when playing open chords like D.I had thought that the nut was cut too high and and I was bending the string and making it go sharp.I now think the problem may be the other side at the fret , the nett result is the same ie. pushing down too hard behind the higher frets.The solution may be two fold : increase the string gauge to .10's to reduce bending and learn to play with a lighter touch.I am quite heavy handed as I play alot on my acoustic and my Les Paul has a totally different set up from the toronado so i don't have the same problem with that.

The nut may still need some adjustment but the above sounds like it might just resolve the problem and is alot cheaper!

If you have any thoughts let me know.

Cheers

Bob .

How the above makes sense as I do tend to ramble a bit when I get going!

showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Weird: this is the exact same post as this: https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48594

But yes, those workarounds should work :)

ReplyQuote