Notifications
Clear all

Is it too late?

21 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
11.3 K Views
(@mikej2)

It is only too late if you never start. Dreams are best lived when you're awake. You"ll never know unless you try. Phrases and sayings and motivational posters are in abundance for a reason.

ReplyQuote
 wema
(@wema)

Never! Especially gutar, I'm around the same age and being able to play guitar lasts for a lifetime!

ReplyQuote
(@mystery2me)

I hope not as I have kicked around music all my life but really just started learning an instrument in earnest at 61. Please don't tell me 24 is too late.

ReplyQuote
(@freshmcleo)

Hey dude!

It's never too late and I'd you should go for it!

Keep on rocking'
Leo

ReplyQuote
oldstrummer
(@oldstrummer)
Trusted Member

Henry Ford once said, "whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

Age has nothing to do with it.

A man named Harlan Sanders first started selling fried chicken at age 40. He franchised his chicken business at age 62. At age 75, he sold his company and became world famous.

Yes, Colonel Harlan Sanders was a real person, and the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (now known as KFC). His success came late in his life.

So, you're never too young or too old to start. But you must start if you expect to get anywhere.

Duke Ellington said it best: "If it sounds good, it IS good!"

ReplyQuote
(@stevemetalhead)

I certainly don't think it's too late. I'd probably say that no matter what the age. If you're actually trying to make a career out of it I think you just have to be realistic about the business side of it - really realistic. I think it goes without saying that the music industry has changed dramatically. You're seeing bands go to platforms like Patreon in order to keep going because there's not enough money with traditional revenue streams like actually selling your music, touring or merch. I'm not in the business, but talk to people in the business, bands who are touring who have been through tough times.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2