How would I set this up?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey...
I just bought 2 20 foot cables and 2 patch cables to hook up all my pedals and was wandering how I should do it..
Here's what I have.

Connection Stuff
4 - 20 foot cables.
2 - patch cables.
1 - 9v Adapter

Pedals
Korg ToneWorks AX1500G Effects Processor
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Boss CS-3 Compression/Sustainer

Amp
Peavey 5150 (Keep in mind that it has an FX Loop)

The Noise supressor supposadely works as a power supply, so I was wandering if anyone of you would know how to set all this up to where it was all operating with what I have?

I don't really need the GE-7 Equalizer, and if I did I'd just set it up through the FX Loop.

So, what should I do? what should be connected where?

Thanks

Marshall

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

looks like no ones helped you... ill bump this up. (i have no idea about that kinda stuff)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow, Joe (Forrok Star) is the real expert on this stuff.

This is a tough one, distortions usually sound best before the pre-amp, modulations sound best after. I would probably go:

Guitar-> EQ-> AX1500G-> Compression-> Noise Supressor-> Guitar Input on Amp

Someone like Joe or others may do it completely different. I would experiment to get the best sound. This setup of mine might not sound good at all.

Why don't you just go buy 2 patch cables? Then you can use all of these. You should be able to power everything with the NS-2. I used to power everything with my Boss TU-2 and it worked great. You can pick up the daisy-chain cable at most music stores.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

It's important to understand the basic stages of a signal chain that are used. Most guitarists can't get decent sound and tone by placing all the Efx or processing before the amp and speakers. As far as the placement, the best position is after the amp. With the guitar amp you have you need to get your basic tone. That amp will put out some great sound and tone by itself. Using the Korg up front you may find you need the amp set to a clean setting and not be able to use the full potential of the amp..

Guitar->Compression/Sustainer->Equalizer->Korg ToneWorks AX1500G->Noise Suppressor->Peavey 5150->speakers

Putting effects like Wah's, EQ's, phaser's, compressors, distortion work well in front of the amp. Time based effects like delay's should be after the speakers. You should get your sound and tone from the amp then Miking the speakers into a mixer and have the korg patched in there using it for time based effects. The problem with multi effects processors is that they force you to place time-based effects before the amp. Having the amp set to overdrive crunch along with the korg on a distortion patch with time based effects may not give you what your looking and require lots of adjusting.

Running your equipment properly is important in achieving best sound and tone. The objective is ultimate satisfaction.

Joe

ReplyQuote