Skip to content
How long were you p...

Notifications
Clear all

How long were you playing for before you started playing live?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kanerigas)
Topic starter  

My nephew is currently really getting into the guitar and he's been playing for about 2 years now. He's gotten a lot better but I'd still say he's a beginner. He wants to join a band which I fully encourage but he also doesn't have confidence to go out on stage yet. He asked me how long it took before I was good enough to play live and I felt bad because it took me 2 years but only because I was literally practicing 5-7 hours a day every day of my life. So I realize that most people don't practice that much because they don't have the time to, so how long did it take for you guys to be able to play live?

(@alangreen)

A little over two years - I'd got my head around where the notes on the staff were on the neck and learned a bunch of chords from playing David Bowie and Beatles songs. My first note in front of a paying audience was the wrong one, but it was all upwards from there.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote