Clear all

How Do I Get This Sound, Tone? Sound Clips Added-

22 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I thought electric would be alot easier, their are tones of things that play into tone and I wanted to know how to get a...

Lead solo tone, the screaming ones you hear on the radio - they all sort of sound the same (if you listen to the radio) it's those cool parts :)

I want to produce the sound (solo's) in these clips. Is it possible with the equiptment I Have?

http://bambino.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/262217/.51adc68a/stream.m3u

http://bambino.dmusic.com/music/stream/hifi/262218/.2ccefd88/stream.m3u

I have the following:

MIM Strat w/ dimarzio pickups
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss Sd-1 Super Overdrive Peddle
Boss Ge-7 Eq Peddle

Gear Below ... My room is brighter but the camera took it dark...light angle I guess..

No matter what I do, I seem to get the same tone - I've been trying for over 4 hours ahhh..

Can you guys give me some tips? Is their another peddle I need to buy - crybyby?

I have it connected like this : Guitar > GE 7 > SD 1 > Input 1 on amp

And I have tried different settings on boss site and messed with it in the clean and distortion channel.

I want that cool sound lol :)

With Lighting

Little Brother and Big Brother :)

Thanks

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Have you cranked up the reverb and presence?

The presence setting should cut through and help you. Other than that, cut back on the drive a little.

Just a thought, and yes, I own the HRD too. :D

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I boosted up the reverb and presence.

should i be on the clean or drive channel and does the middle , treb, bass, volume matter?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

With the HRD, you don't need a lot of bass. Mids and Highs to personal taste.

The more volume you have, the better the amp breaks up into that "tube saturation" that we all hear. If you can't play high volumes, I would suggest buying an attenuator. An attenuator with allow your amp to get into that tube saturation point at lower volumes.

Let me see if I can find the link to some HRD settings for you.

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Im a loss with this lol... This is sort of like how I felt when I was trying to get distortion with my 1st amp and all I needed to do was push the overdrive button on the front panel :)

umm... the peddles seem to not have an affect to the sound as i'm hearing it. Should the peddles be connected elsewhere or is their something I'm missing. I'm just not getting those tones - seems like distortion right now with more tremble :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey thanks a ton Tracker! Btw... I have some grado sr 125 headphones...is their a headphone port in the cabinet?...or should I disconnect the speaker connection and just use that one for the headphones? I dont want to break my new cool amp :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

No, don't unplug the main speaker; you might blow the amp.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have some grado sr 125 headphones...is their a headphone port in the cabinet?...or should I disconnect the speaker connection and just use that one for the headphones? I dont want to break my new cool amp :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a headphone amp! To be able to do that you would have to get a dummyload. If you plug into the speaker out, you will blow the headphones and maybe ruin the amp!

Here is the LINK for some settings.

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

*whew*... Just as I was giong to do that. K...Time to try the amp thing again. I'll try out the settings and see where it goes :)

I updated some pics.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Nice collection you have there :D

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nice collection you have there

Thanks!

I have ... Breedlove ad25 sm in the front and a yamaha classical cg111s to the side of it and then a mexican guitar - it was my dads , probably around 30 years old (its not in great condition, but it sounds great) flamed maple.

And then I have a spare guitar on bed...thats the one that I just leave anywhere and mess around with.

And my new MIM strat with dimarzio pickups and new tuners.

:)

Next guitar will probably be a Gibson Sg if I figure out the amp :)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I don't see any pictures...........

ReplyQuote
(@jetsolo)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Its in the first post I edited...what do you see Tracker?

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Its in the first post I edited...

I know that, but I still don't see anything. :?

Is it just me?

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Cool, another Breedlove owner, I've got an AC25/SM. I've also got Grado's, SR-80's, great headphones.

About your screaming lead tone, try this. I don't have a HRD, but I've got a Peavey Classic 30 which is similar. I don't know much about the pedal your using so I'm gonna just give you tube amp setting advice.

Start with both the amp volumes all the way down. Select the drive channel, don't use the clean, so the channel select button should be pressed in. Turn the drive all the way up. Treble at 8.5 , Mid at 7, bass somewhere in 7-10, reverb at 5-6. Turn the volume pot on the left all the way up.

Slowly turn up the master volume, the louder you make it, the more the tubes will break up, so try to get as loud as you can without causing too much of a public distrubance. Tube amps sound their best cranked, so try to get it to 4 on the master volume. Attack the strings hard. Hope this helps, these settings give me a great ripping lead tone on my classic 30.

When you first try these settings, plug directly into your amp, don't use the pedals. If you don't like it, try adding in the pedals and fiddling around. Many of the greats got a great tone just by plugging into their amps, no pedals. I know Angus Young plugged directly into his amp, as well as many others.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2