Clear all

Have I gone too far? (MOD Pics Added)

54 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, I just pulled the trigger on another guitar purchase. I have to get rid of some. This is the last one .... honest, I can stop anytime. :mrgreen: Well, it's been a good six months since the last bottle redemption run. I loaded up the truck with some $100 worth of returnables. Next I visit my credit union. I have a small amount taken out each pay check, kind of like a piggy bank. Another $100 there, what to do. Been agonizing for a week on what to buy. Was gonna trade the Delta King but nothing at Dr. Guitar I wanted. This is $200 of found money folks and Rondo Music is ripe for the taking! I added $40 out of pocket and scored this.

It's an AL 2500, better maple top, 2 piece body, an upgrade from the AL2000 yet still a steal. Now the waiting.

Here is a sample of how it plays:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwz_EWJSxJg

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Looks very nice. I have been GASSING like crazy this entire year & haven't been able to make any gear purchases, 'cause my wife is out of work & we are on a tight budget. I have my eye on a couple Rondo pieces & also an Xaviere guitar or two, as soon as my wife gets back to work...

Did I just say that?!? :shock: Good thing she doesn't read these boards! :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, nice one TR!

BTW, did you happen to see the Agile AL-2500 Albino Nat? That is another really sharp one...only $279.95... I am partial to natural finishes...who am I kidding, I like them all!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar! I like the top but I like the back side even more!

Congrats!

And I will be waiting for a new video!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

No such thing as "going too far" - rock'n'roll's all about going too far, and going over the top!

Sweet looking guitar, TR - not your first Agile, if I remember correctly. I think you and Ricochet have sung their praises before. I've never even seen one over here.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Looks great!!
No you haven't gone too far.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

No such thing as "going too far" - rock'n'roll's all about going too far, and going over the top!

Sweet looking guitar, TR - not your first Agile, if I remember correctly. I think you and Ricochet have sung their praises before. I've never even seen one over here.....

:D :D :D

Vic
They do a wonderful job on these things. It's too bad you can't get your hands on one Vic. They make Tele knock offs too, both lower end SX and Agile ones.

http://www.rondomusic.com/TC630RN2TS.HTML

The maple top on these Les Paul copies is 1/16" thick. Not exactly a maple cap but a little too thick to be a verneer and at a price that usually gets you a photo top. The 2 piece mahogony body is a nice feature as well and as always Grover tuning machines. The necks on these models are maple but heck, Gibson put maple necks on some of their Les Pauls in the 70's and 80's if I'm not mistaken. (Not mistaken, heck, I used to own one with a maple neck) The finger board is an upgraded rosewood as well. Heck, here are the stats for those that want to compare AL's.

http://www.rondomusic.com/alspec.html

How about Rondo's official video demo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgGujXdha3o&feature=player_embedded

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wow, you win. I give up. :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to hear the sound-bites or the video. It should be to you in a week or so, right?

I'm sitting fat and happy at 11 and likely will be for weeks now. GAS free since a bit before Father's Day, IIRC. I would not mind a project one this Fall, but not sure just how deeply I want to get involved. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Stuff from Rondo gets to my house quick. I don't think the warehouse is more than 8 hours away so once it shipps I have it in a couple of days. I don't know how many guitars I have now. :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

They're in NH now. Not far from my childhood romping grounds. 3 1/2 hours from there to Richfield. Less than that from Richfield to W-town, IIRC.

I had to count. That's sad. Oh well. It hasn't been so long since I counted. At least I can get to 'em all now. During one stage of the upstairs moving rooms around stuff, it was 1/2 available status. Started to get twitches.... :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Not at all - it looks fab :-)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the support Apache ......... only don't encourage me too much or I'll end up with another one too. :lol: GAS? Moi? :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

LOL - GAS? Naaaahhh....

(i'm feeling quite good as I sold my strat copy so can now claim to only owning 1 guitar, although having read other peoples post maybe I should be feeling that perhaps it is lonely and needs a companion :mrgreen: )

ReplyQuote
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

TR,

Nice guitar! I have a Dauntless and I've been very happy with it for the price. Plus, you saved responsibly for it. If anything, I'm impressed. Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well yeah .. thanks ... but I have over 20 and don't even know the number. :roll: My house looks like a music store .... but that is really cool isn't it. :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It was in Syracuse at lunchtime. It will be here tomorrow! I don't have a day off til Friday though. :cry:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4