Clear all

guitar tricks

19 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@jakestauble)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So can anyone give me any interesting ideas for some guitar tricks. i already can play behind my head and im working on playing behind my back and with my teeth but id like to try somthing thats not so widely used or known.

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Sure can, try this . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3gMgK7h-BA

and please post the video.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

not really a trick, but you could always try the ol' cigarette in the headstock a la eddie van halen. :twisted:

or using a violin bow, page style :lol:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@jakestauble)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

bad news, i dont smoke lol. ive only seen SRV do it but it does look pretty bad ass. i guess i could start smoking and try it. speaking of bad ass that due is awsome.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And this guy pretty much has a handle on where the notes are on the fretboard.
(or it's all a trick)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AXBo9pqrk&NR=1

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-4qJz6Qtk

I've tabbed this out if you're feeling brave ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

woah!! that guy who plays with his feet is amazing, we have a fella in nottingham who's only got one arm and well, no disrepect but a stub for his strumming hand, he plays loads of different songs, he has a sort of strap on his arm with a pick on the end, it's fantastic to watch.

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

it would take soo long to get control over your toes like that. respect.

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

Light the fretboard on fire with some lighter fluid, then play really fast and you won't burn your hand.

EDIT: (It goes without saying that this is a joke. Don't try it at home (or anywhere else!))

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

+1 on dude playing with his feet. Downright amazing.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

But if you do try Daniel Lioneye's tip, make sure you have a friend with a video camera ready so they can post it to youtube for our benefit while you're down at the A&E. :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

try playing from over the top of the neck. In other words your hand is coming down from over not under. :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

oh yeah, then theres doing trills with your fretting hand while running the side of your picking hand across the string (just touching it not pushing down) to create some crazy harmonics...but this you need to be playing with very high gain and quite loud and with some good treble in the mix. Maybe push down on your wah pedal.

ReplyQuote
(@number6)
Estimable Member

You could use a Tesla coil as your guitar amp.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSAExHBrfwU

I think you'd need to play with it a bit to get a nice sound though.
I think it should go without saying that you should know what you're doing with a Tesla coil before you do this. You wouldn't want to kill your TV/Computer/Regular amp/Grandpa's Pacemaker (Really!) with it. These things make a lot of high frequency radio interference that can destroy nearby electronics.

The hunger site. Click once a day to give free food.

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

You could use a Tesla coil as your guitar amp.
I think Nicoli Tesla would have approved.

Feedback might be a bit hazardous, though. :twisted:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2