first live performance!

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

My band had it's first live performance at an open jam at a local music store. We played a couple of upbeat modern rock songs. I didn't include the video of Finger Eleven - Paralyzer on the site because the vocalist forgot a few lines in the middle of it.

It was a good first performance and we had a lot of support from friends and family. It's unfortunate that we couldn't include our amps and effects - as my solos weren't very loud. These videos aren't the greatest quality since they were taken from a cell phone. People told me it sounded a lot better live. I'm the tall, goofy looking guy in the shorts and tshirt (who didn't realize his mic was turned off at the time).

Our band as it is now has been together for about 2 months now. Being on stage playing is a lot of fun! Now it's time to work on not staring at the fretboard the whole time and looking like we're having a great time.

http://www.myspace.com/edisonslastbreath (videos here)

(@blueline)
Noble Member

Great stuff. Looks like you guys had fun!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations on your first live performance! 8)

You guys sounded good and got a great response from the crowd, can't do any better than that.

Stick together.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good job, congrats! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Congrats! I'll have to give your stuff a listen tonight, can't get on MySpace at work. Playing live is like a drug! We had our first show a few weeks ago and I am hooked. Our next show is next Friday.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Congrats! Hope that you have many more, good luck in all future ones!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the responses. We actually have a "real" gig now on the 22nd where we're opening up for another band at a big bar & grill in indianapolis! We get an hour to play.

congrats to your band jwmartin :)

ReplyQuote
(@dparden)

Good Job guys!

ReplyQuote
(@timmsy)
Eminent Member

Hey good work guys. Pretty tight for a band thats only been together for a short time!
Keep at it!

I added you on myspace as well :D

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey, thanks for the comments!

unfortunately, the band is no longer together. There was a bit of a dispute about what venues we should play at and such - specifically with one member. Anyways, we ended up breaking up. I still jam with the other guitarist a lot.

ReplyQuote