Clear all

Falsetto?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I was just curious, i'm a long time guitar player who's been recently trying to do vocals on some songs (in fact, my friends and I are playing a show at my school with myself on guitar and vocals), i was just curious what the term falsetto meant, i'm pretty sure it's a vocal regester (like chest voice and head voice, both of which i think i know pretty well in terms of control and such). If anyone could fill me in that would be great, seeing as though i'm trying to learn as much as I can (I'm even going to have my friend, who sings opera and also rock, teach me breathing techniques, which i figure would be very useful).

Steve-0

(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

It's singing in a register much higher than your normal voice.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Think Frankie Vallee and the Beach Boys...............

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh alright, that makes sense, thanks.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Also, basically anything robert plant sang in led zeppelin

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The answer to your question is very interesting - you should google it and look at some of the answers.

It would appear to be a head voice that is created when only the front edges of the vocal cords are vibrating. It's name was given at a time when women weren't allowed to sing in church and their parts were taken by men singing in a "false voice", (falsetto = false voice).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote