Clear all

Christmas GAS

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I have been itching to get my hands on a new Gibson ES-339. In case you don't know this guitar, it is a new model, a smaller version of the ES-335, at a much cheaper price. I have read nothing but raves from those who own them. Its got the 57 Classic pickups, like the Gibson LP Classic Antique, which sound fantastic.

So, I ran across an Ebay retailer the other day and won an auction last night for one for almost $200 less than any online Gibson dealer, like MF. Still not cheap, but you only live once, right? I am considering it a Christmas present to myself, although it will not be here for a week or so. Will be sure to give a detailed review, complete with pictures. Here is the Ebay auction link, in case you want to see what it looks like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350008380783&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D350008380783%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

And, if you are interested, here is a Gibson ad/demo, which will tell you all know want to know about this guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOuZ5QPlubo

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

NICE!!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats on winning that bid. Enjoy

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Still not cheap, but you only live once, right?
Oh yeah!!! I like how you think! :D

Beautiful guitar, and congrats on winning the bid.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That's a very sweet guitar! Congrats & Merry Christmas! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, everyone's getting new Gibbies. I'm jealous. Congrats and enjoy!!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

that is cool man! :)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice guitar!

Congrats CFB! :D

Send us your pictures and sound clips when possible.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Send us your pictures and sound clips when possible.

I definitely will. But, I don't think I am going to receive it until around the 1st of the new year. :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Congrats man! I just picked up my first hollowbody too!

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The 339 arrived today. I had it delivered to my office, so it wouldn't be left outside in the snow! So, I can't post pictures till I get home and I haven't played it through an amp yet. But, it sure feels like a keeper. No flaws that I could find. Sounds great acoustically. I sure hope the pickups and wiring are good, because I don't want to send this one back! I "lost" an hour when I decided to tune it up and fool around with it for 5 minutes!

I sure hope the wife doesn't mind if I bring it to bed tonight! haha

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I sure hope the wife doesn't mind if I bring it to bed tonight! haha
LOL!

When I was a child I always brought every new thing to the bed! Fortunately I slept alone! :mrgreen:

Congrats from the "new year"!

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

How is it? I really want one, looking at the Caramel Burst 60s neck but it's going to cost around $2200+ for me in the UK :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

He's obviously too busy playing that guitbox to respond. Must be nice.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I am very pleased with my 339. Great tone and playability. Really not much more to say than that! I think it will become my number one guitar - now I need to purge a few of them from my stable of guitars!

ReplyQuote
(@elderberry)
Eminent Member

The white 'guard caught me a little off guard, but I think I like it.

It stands out against the sunburst quite nicely.

King Harvest has surely come.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2