Notifications
Clear all

Check this guy out

31 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

what I cant't stand is whaen people try to say that shredding has no emotion to it... it may not be sad or soulful feeling.. but it's an adrenaline-rush hit you in your face type feelng...and that's only most types of shredding ive seen.. there are players like joe satriani who will write a true "shred ballad" beautiful enough to make one cry. and as for originality... asctually LISTEN to one of steve vai's albums and afterwards, tell me who else he sounds like. Exactly. nobody. You may not like it, bit it IS original. and dont tell me that he puts no feeling into it... i've seen him live and he eminated feeling from the second he walked on stage with his guitar...
yngwie malmsteen, now that's another story...
he just rips off classical music and plays it way too fast ALL THE TIME.

I personally take offence to somebody saying that shredding has no feeling.. there's a difference betwen shredding and just plain wanking. shredding sounds good. you wanna hear some wanking listen to kirk hammet's solo from "one"... that tapping part was totally pointless, in my opinion.

but it all comes down to a matter of taste. this is where I stand. There's way too many threads about this kind of thing.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3