Clear all

Budget blues acoustic?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cookiedude86)
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for a good old-style acoustic blues guitar? My description might be a little off but i guess I'm looking for something quite bass-ey, muddy, and not too bright. I've seen the signature Keb Mo model by Gibson but that's pushing my budget.

Any recommendations on an acoustic that goes for say between £300-£450?

Thanks

(@eric-castanea)

Most old blues players used a "parlor guitar". It's a smaller bodied guitar, with less bass. You can google and find some, if you truly want to be authentic.

ReplyQuote
(@leander07marvin)

Try the epiphone bluesmaster a copy cat of that keb mo gibson. It's much cheaper I think.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQYJol3YUbGdeNTj8Et7XJg

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I really like the Alvarez Parlor guitars. Under 400 bucks most places, and sound sweet!!
i guess I'm looking for something quite bass-ey, muddy, and not too bright.

That would really depend on your playing style. For me playing with my fingers the normal everyday Dred size guitar is quite muddy and bassy. Its almost like they need the higher output [pluck] of the pick to really drive the sound.With just fingers they seem kinda dead to me. Ive had much better luck with the smaller body acoustics. but they might end up being too bright for you if you play with a pick. So mostly it comes down to play a few and see what you like.

Paul B

ReplyQuote