Behringer USB Guita...

Notifications
Clear all

Behringer USB Guitar

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Looks like Behringer came up with a great idea or copied it from someone: USB Guitar allows you to record directly through a USB port to your computer. This is one of those "I have to get one just to try it!" sort of toys!

(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

So basically it looks like you get a guitar, usb cable ( that possibly does some sort of impedance matching?) and software for $149.99. I wonder if they would just sell the packaged virtual amp and effects software separately? I believe that I have seen guitar to usb interfaces in the $40 - $50 range before, but I don't think they came with any software package to speak of.

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I really like the simplicity. With just a guitar and any reasonably modern computer you can just go record, and you don't have to worry about the quality of the computer's sound card or anything. I wonder if this guitar is good though.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I wonder if this guitar is good though.

Exactly.

For just under $100 one can now get Guitar port and a variety of other pretty good USB audio interfaces. Combine one of these with Audacity (if necessary) and one's favorite electric guitar (or a microphone, as most support XLR too), and one has a setup that's more flexible, USB powered, and not tying one down to a single, low cost instrument.

OTOH, if I needed a low cost guitar to take traveling, this might be a good candidate given the headphone and USB interfaces. Replace the neck wood screws with inserts + machine screws, add a capo to hold the strings in place, and it becomes a travel guitar that can be broken down to fit in the overhead compartment.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote