Skip to content
A very big thank yo...

Notifications
Clear all

A very big thank you from an old friend.

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@tritsiotlop)
Topic starter  

Hello all,

None of you remember me, surely, but I remember this board. I used to post here regularly about 4 years ago. I was about 14 then, although I don't remember my old posting name.

I am writing this because I am now 18 and currently pursuing a degree in classical guitar and music composition at a major U.S. conservatory, and recognize that this would not have been possible without the contributions from many different people who helped me along the way. Family, friends, teachers, and... this forum.

This site contained the only guitar instructional material outside of a private lesson that I ever thought was helpful. Also, the people on the forums were very nice to me and also very encouraging. You have all had a role in my development as a player, and I therefore wish to thank every one of you for your help and guidance.

Although guitar will always be a big part of my life, you inspired me to make it my professional pursuit as well. Thank you and good luck!

With sincerest gratitude,
Kyle

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That is about the best compliment a guitar forum can get.
Major kudos to GuitarNoise.com

I believe that calls for a toast.
Prost y'all (German toast)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Very classy thing to do Kyle!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Ditto.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations, Kyle! :mrgreen:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Congrats

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Thank you for your thoughfulness in getting back and saying thank you. It is nice to know this site makes a real impact.

And much success to you!

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Another +1 from me too.

David and many others here have put countless hours into helping and inspiring others - and who knows how many have slipped quietly in and and out, 'refuelled', and continued on up the road.

Coming back and posting your progress and thanks was an admirable thing to do. Hats off to you, and all the very best with your career.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

8) Good luck with your studies & career! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Many congrats Kyle!

:D

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Man, this is so cool!

There is hope for the youth! Nice going, Kyle. I wasn't a member back then but I agree with every thing you've said.

Good luck!!!!! :note1: :note2:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Would you by any chance be the Kyle who went to the National Guitar Workshop back in August 2004? Into metal, and jazz? And (sorry for embarrassing you, if it is you...!) knew how to pronounce Yngwie, but not how to spell it?

Anyway, nice to hear you're doing well - even nicer that you've come back after all this time to acknowledge the help you got. Classy!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@christopherius)
Trusted Member

hey congratulatioins!!

Chris
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/christopherius/th_FenderSig.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2