59.1 K Views
(@keithkr)
Eminent Member

Hi, would love a copy if possible.
ku.oc.oohay@153_oem(backwards)
Thanks for you time.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just sent them via email. Let me know if they don't arrive.

Welcome to Guitar Noise, by the bye. Glad you're here and looking forward to seeing you around the Forum boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@johnnyeco)

I'd also appreciate very much a copy of the notes David. Thanks to you and the other contributors for the work that's gone in to putting these podcasts together.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Greetings from Shanghai

John

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I just emailed you a set, John, so please let me know if you don't get them and I'll try again.

Welcome to Guitar Noise! What really makes this place work is the "here to help" mindset of just about everyone in the community. These Podcast notes, for instance, were all the work of one guy - Mike, who goes by "Rum Runner" here on the Forum. Be sure to drop him a "thank you" note for his efforts.

We're glad you're here and I look forward to seeing more of you around the boards. Hopefully, and probably before you know it, you'll be helping give tips and advice to brand new guitarists!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

If it makes life easier, I can put the file up on my website for anyone to download.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@geoff-h)
Eminent Member

I would very much appreciate a copy of the podcast notes.

Email is (backwards) sky.com@geoff-howell

Thank you in anticipation.

Keep up the good work.

Regards

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just sent them via email. Please let me know if you don't get them.

And thanks for the kind words!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Could I get a copy sent to moc.wonpmar@selas?

TThanks in ecnavda

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just sent them via email. Please let me know if you don't get them.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Is your new book a rehash of the podcast lessons or is there new information there? The "Compleat Idiot" titles usually start by assuming that you don't know time signatures, chords etc.
I bought a harmonica book that spends half the time trying to teach things I learned in 4th grade.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Are you asking about the Complete Idiot's Rock Guitar book or the one on "regular" guitar that's coming out this fall (I was told October 5, but I can't verify that date as of now)?

Both of these books start out by assuming that the reader has never picked up a guitar before. And both approach learning the way I do here at Guitar Noise - I want to get people playing. You will get some basic overview of time signatures, note reading, tablature reading and such, but that's over with in the first four or five chapters. While some of the same material is covered in both the books and podcasts, it's not a rehash of any of the podcast material. You do get some overlap - can't be helped with tutorial books. For example, both books and the podcasts discuss the importance (and ease) with which one can add slurs like hammer-ons, pull-off, slides and bends to strumming. But while the podcasts do so more in a manner of exercises, the guitar book this fall will use Gallows Pole (as well as other songs) as a way to demonstrate this technique.

If you'd like, I can send you what the Table of Contents is (hopefully) going to be like so you can make a better decision for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

I didn't realize that there were two books coming out. I'll probably opt for the second one as I am trying to play folk, blues and bluegrass currently.
I want top state that I enjoy and appreciate your lessons. Your podcast lessons starte with the assumption that the listener is not a "Complete Idiot"
I have purchased several books about learning instruments and they usually assume the reader is totally new to music.
Have you considered doing a series of books that take the same kind of adult approach that your podcasts take?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I have approached numerous publishers about this, but they all have balked at the use of copyrighted songs for lessons, saying that there are books with tablature of those songs already out there.

Paul and I are looking into the possibility of doing books like the Guitar Noise lessons, but the main thing about doing that will be working the costs needed to cover the licensing fees for any songs used in the books. Hopefully we'll get it all figured out and hopefully there will be enough of a demand (and as little piracy as possible) to make it work for everyone involved, readers and writers.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@inths)
Eminent Member

Could I please have a copy of the podcast notes? My e-mail is:

[email protected]

I'm slowly working my way through all of these marvelous lessons. Please keep making them (I'm currently working on number 4, so you have a while yet before I catch up).

I still think you should make video versions on these lessons (sometimes it's easier to understand if I can see whats happening).

Have a good day.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Just sent them off to you via email. Please let me know if you don't get them.

As for video lessons - I honestly don't know if I can put together the spare time needed to do it, at least not without dropping a few of my private students and I'm pretty certain they wouldn't appreciate that! :wink: At some point that might change, but I truly can't say when that will be.

Peace

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 6