Skip to content
Is my guitar websit...

Notifications
Clear all

Is my guitar website useful (it's theory related)

37 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
13.9 K Views
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I saw the "(it's theory related)" and immediately skipped over it.
"Theory" is a word that immediately turns me off.
Now don't get me wrong . . . I taught Chemistry for over 30 years . . . and 99% of that stuff is theory.
So it's not that I'm incapable of learning theory.
But, heck, when I pick up a guitar, the last thing I want to do is to hear or read a lecture on theory.
But I noticed that in two days this thread got two pages of posts . . .
Wow, I thought, something must be up with this post. So I went to the site.
OK, after looking at a diagram that made no sense, forced myself to go through a few pages, I lost interest, came back here and thought I'd relate my experience.
I'm a newbie . . . when I pick up a guitar I want to make music . . . and I'd say attract chicks . . . but that would be shallow.
No, I just want to have some fun with a guitar . . . OK, I'm being shallow again.

PS This is a very shallow comment.
Please consider that in your evaluation of it.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@neztok)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Derp

ReplyQuote
(@neztok)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I think that Nerd Blizzard gave me a bad case of food poisoning (or it could be the tranquilizers.) This thread is officially over.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

At NETZOK's request, I've locked this thread.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

And now unlocked, again at NETZOK's request.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

You posted The thread asking if it is useful. Many advanced theorists responded and actually spent significant time responding and even pointing out ways to make it better. You decide you dont like the answers so decide to hear no more.

I'm certain every person here who responded once sucked at music theory and all things music. Part of life is making mistakes and using them to become proficient. Take the advice asked for and given to improve. Best of life to you. :)

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@neztok)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was really asking: I have this note X as the Y degree of scale Z formula - where can I go from here? I thought maybe an advanced theorist could answer that. I had to figure it out on my own. Not a bad thing at all.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3