[Sticky] Game posts pruning

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
12.5 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You may have noticed that I once again pruned some of the games threads. I wanted to do this prior to the conversion, especially the thread with all the pictures.

"But what about my post count?" you may ask.

Sorry about that but I can't restore the numbers.

Why do this?

1. The huge posts don't get read from page 1-132
2. They slow down and sometimes give unwanted results in search.
3. I care about your post count, just not enough that I'm overly concerned deleting one word answers or pictures. I'm much more concerned with the helpful answers and suggestions you all provide and those will never be pruned.*

My apologies. I still respect you all, no matter what your post count said.

Keep your fingers crossed that we aren't all set back to zero on Tuesday.

*I really do regret deleting entries from guess that riff. I'd like to do something different with it in the future. Soemthing like keeping the old riffs in a new format without the answers so that people can guess them all. Anyone have any ideas?

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I really do regret deleting entries from guess that riff. I'd like to do something different with it in the future. Soemthing like keeping the old riffs in a new format without the answers so that people can guess them all. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe a separate "Answers" thread (a sticky) for riffs that have been succesfully guessed? It'd also work for spot the bass riff - it'd be the responsibility of the person who posted the riff/bass riff to put the answer in this separate thread. Not perfect, by any means - like turning to the back pages of a crossword puzzle magazine for the answers.....but better than nothing, surely?

And maybe the actual riffs could be stored on a dedicated soundclick page?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote