I'll Be Back - Beatles

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 shug
(@shug)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

A really nice Beatles tune for the acoustic guitar.

Selected Chords:

G6: 320030
Bm: x24432
Bm7: x24232 (lift pinky off Bm barre chd)
C#m: 446654
F#m: 244222
E7: 022130 or 020100

Tip #1 - Intro:

Form an open A chord on 4th fret and drop next finger onto the 5th fret . . . then lift that finger and slide down to the open A chord.

Tip #2 - 1st & 3rd line of each verse (Am - C/G - G6 - Fmaj7):

When changing from C/G to G6, move middle finger to 5th string, 2nd fret; and move pinky to 2nd string, 3rd fret; while leaving index and ring fingers anchored on 1st and 3rd frets. Thus, you are only moving two fingers and the index is already anchored when moving to the Fmaj7. With a few repetitions, this will become natural and pay dividends.

I'll Be Back - The Beatles

Riff 1: Riff 2:
A Am A
e|------------------------------| e|------------|
B|-------5---2------------5---1-| B|-------5--2-|
G|----4------2---------4------2-| G|----4-----2-|
D|-4---------2------4---------2-| D|-4--------2-|
A|------------------------------| A|------------|
E|------------------------------| E|------------|

Intro: Riff 1

Verse 1:

A Am C/G G6 Fmaj7
You know if you break my heart I'll go,

E7 A (Riff 2)
But I'll be back a-gain.
Am C/G G6 Fmaj7
Cos I told you once be-fore good-bye,
E7 A (Riff 2)
But I came back a-gain.

Chorus 1:

F#m
I love you so, oh
Bm
I'm the one who wants you,
E7
Yes I'm the one who wants you,
D E7 D E
Oh oh, Oh oh.

Verse 2:

Am C/G G6 Fmaj7
Oh you could find bet-ter things to do,
E7 A (Riff 2)
Than to break my heart a-gain

Am C/G G6 Fmaj7
This time I will try to show that I'm
E7 A (Riff 2)
Not try-ing to pre-tend.

Bridge:

Bm Bm7 C#m
I thought that you would realise,
F#m
That if I ran away from you,
B7
That you would want me too,
Bm E
but I got a big sur-prise

D E D E7
e|----------------------|
B|----------------------|
G|----------------------|
D|--0-----2----0-----2--|
A|----4-2--------4-2----|
E|----------------------|
Oh oh

Repeat Verse 2

Chorus 2:

F#m
I wanna go,
Bm
But I hate to leave you,
E7
You know I hate to leave you,
D E7 D E
Oh oh, Oh oh.

Ending:

Am C/G G6 Fmaj7
Oh you, if you break my heart I'll go,
E A (Riff 1 and fade, Ending on A)
But I'll be back a-gain.

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak."

(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hey Shug,

Another cracker from "Hard Days Night" side two, thanks for this. I'm really going to have to sit down and seriously work on these gems you are posting.

Seasons greetings to you and yours Doug.

Chris

ps

Have you had any of that snow down in Oklahoma? The US is taking a bit of a beating weatherwise isn't it?
We haven't had a decent snowy winter here in the uk since 1981-82. 1962-63 was an even snower winter it lasted for months. My mum and dad said 1947 was worse but I had to take their word for it on that one.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
 shug
(@shug)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey Shug,

Another cracker from "Hard Days Night" side two, thanks for this. I'm really going to have to sit down and seriously work on these gems you are posting.

Seasons greetings to you and yours Doug.

Chris

ps

Have you had any of that snow down in Oklahoma? The US is taking a bit of a beating weatherwise isn't it?
We haven't had a decent snowy winter here in the uk since 1981-82. 1962-63 was an even snower winter it lasted for months. My mum and dad said 1947 was worse but I had to take their word for it on that one.

Chris, thanks for the greetings and snow concerns. In Oklahoma, snow usually isn't a problem, but ICE is. The ice builds up on the trees and they (or limbs) come crashing down on electric lines, houses, cars, etc. Oklahoma only has a little over 2 million people and over 600,000 were without electricity due to the worst ice storm in anyone's memory. Fortunately, my house in Tulsa, Ok. is okay, and my wife and I live in Florida during the winter months. Howevever, during the ice storm we were on a Caribbean cruise that ran into tropical storm OLGA. Forty foot waves had me violently sick for 24 hours with multiple "protein spills" on 8 different occasions!! The wife never got sick! When we got back (to Florida), the first night a tornado hit nearby!! Sheesh! Ice storms, tropical storms, tornadoes . . . BUT THE GUITAR IS SAFE!!!!

Thanks again for asking and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Shug (Doug)

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak."

ReplyQuote